New Borla video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's even more difficult when no women fancy him. Your screen name was given to you by the women, right?

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I listened several times and have come to the conclusion that an aftermarket exhaust just isn't for you. I don't think you will ever be happy with any of them.

You might be right. If a company can't come out with an exhaust that has a rumble when you punch it but is quiet on the highway than I'm not going to like it. I'm not 20 year old any more. Ford must have been appealing to guys like me when they designed their exhaust.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

They put up a great new video.

https://youtu.be/6atZbD0I6yo

I'll be honest...

A few things about it seem fishy to me.

One.... why do they only show it being shifted with paddle shifters? Who drives around using paddle shifters? What does it sound like with the truck in drive?

Two.... if you listen to the sport version around minute 2:17 the guy shifts into what I am guessing is 10th gear. Listen to the low frequency howl that they let you hear for one second before they cut the shot. Go back and listen a few times.

Now go back to their stock run and listen. Stock has no tone and virtually no noise in the cab. Borla produces that low frequency hum as it goes into top gear.

I'm not convinced this is much better than the Gibson I ripped off.

Why won't they let you hear the truck driven regularly in drive? Why won't they let you hear the truck on the highway at 65-75mph for 10-15 or even 20 seconds?

If you guys want to flame me for posting this, that's ok... but for everyone else who is looking to buy an exhaust without drone... it's a worthy discussion.

Thoughts?

Best quality exhaust without drone = probably gonna be Corsa. We will see once they release their new system.