New Borla video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

They put up a great new video.

https://youtu.be/6atZbD0I6yo

I'll be honest...

A few things about it seem fishy to me.

One.... why do they only show it being shifted with paddle shifters? Who drives around using paddle shifters? What does it sound like with the truck in drive?

Two.... if you listen to the sport version around minute 2:17 the guy shifts into what I am guessing is 10th gear. Listen to the low frequency howl that they let you hear for one second before they cut the shot. Go back and listen a few times.

Now go back to their stock run and listen. Stock has no tone and virtually no noise in the cab. Borla produces that low frequency hum as it goes into top gear.

I'm not convinced this is much better than the Gibson I ripped off.

Why won't they let you hear the truck driven regularly in drive? Why won't they let you hear the truck on the highway at 65-75mph for 10-15 or even 20 seconds?

If you guys want to flame me for posting this, that's ok... but for everyone else who is looking to buy an exhaust without drone... it's a worthy discussion.

Thoughts?

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They say, specifically, no drone in any gear at any rpm. They guarantee it. It took them months to create it, unlike Gibson. You get what you pay for imho.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Hey guys

I'll be honest...

One.... why do they only show it being shifted with paddle shifters? Who drives around using paddle shifters? What does it sound like with the truck in drive?

Two.... if you listen to the sport version around minute 2:17 the guy shifts into what I am guessing is 10th gear. Listen to the low frequency howl that they let you hear for one second before they cut the shot. Go back and listen a few times.

Now go back to their stock run and listen. Stock has no tone and virtually no noise in the cab. Borla produces that low frequency hum as it goes into top gear.

Why won't they let you hear the truck driven regularly in drive? Why won't they let you hear the truck on the highway at 65-75mph for 10-15 or even 20 seconds?

If you guys want to flame me for posting this, that's ok... but for everyone else who is looking to buy an exhaust without drone... it's a worthy discussion.

Thoughts?
Hey btw mine will be in on Tuesday. I'll get it installed Wednesday, I know drone and can't stand it. Will let you know.

darkneo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They say, specifically, no drone in any gear at any rpm. They guarantee it. It took them months to create it, unlike Gibson. You get what you pay for imho.

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Hey btw mine will be in on Tuesday. I'll get it installed Wednesday, I know drone and can't stand it. Will let you know.

Did you get the S type or Atak? I'm leaning towards Atak...

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Borla is awesome with customer service, if you have drone or something isn't right David will step up and get you out of it

gentz002

Banned
Reaction score
still like the Corsa sound clip better. im waiting for some customer reviews. I have the gibson muffler in right now but its still pretty quiet. I may swap up to the corsa dependent on real world reviewers

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I'll be honest...

Thoughts?
I listened several times and have come to the conclusion that an aftermarket exhaust just isn't for you. I don't think you will ever be happy with any of them.