GEN 2 Need a quick exhaust comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im split between the Corsa extreme, Borla atak and ford performance sport. I'm leaning more towards the FP sport or the Corsa. Since every other Raptor locally is stock. I need some real world opinions to compare.
I want louder idle, deeper tone and no rasp and little or no drone at highway speeds.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im split between the Corsa extreme, Borla atak and ford performance sport. I'm leaning more towards the FP sport or the Corsa. Since every other Raptor locally is stock. I need some real world opinions to compare.
I want louder idle, deeper tone and no rasp and little or no drone at highway speeds.

I have driven in a Gen 2 with the Borla Atak and it was VERY loud. Way too loud for my tastes. It sounded OK at startup and idle, but it got very annoying at full throttle. I have heard videos of the Corsa extreme and it sounded just as bad to me. I have not heard the FP Sport

I went with the SPD Turbo Adapter and the FlowMaster Flow FX muffler replacement. I kept the factory downpipes, the factory resonator and the factory tailpipes. The system is being installed this week along with an MPT tune and FullRace IC, so I will have more input when it is done.

Here is a video from another member on this forum with the same setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krh940cNLDI

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
FlowFX 717776 > no brainer :biggrin:
15_edited_37ed3b65bd3a5eac429c80e4ced27b3aacffea18.jpg

Last edited:

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
$430 shipped...absolute f'n bargain :biggrin:

Last edited:

eclou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have it on yours?

The Toadster swears he has no Drone with his setup! That is one of my main criteria because my Magna Flows drone pretty bad on my Gen 1.

Mine doesn't drone and I don't run the stereo higher than 10-12. I don't have turbo adapters and kept the factory resonator and tail pipes. Didn't drone with the fake engine sound on or off

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, so we have multiple confirmed reports of no drone, including a very long in-cab video with a "not surprising" lack of drone, versus one Jake, who laughs hilariously while claiming tons of drone. Who shall we believe??

I knew ahead of time the quality of their SS is less than the big boys, but I live in Texas with zero salt on our roads and I do not plan to lay under my truck looking at my muffler anyway, so who cares about surface rust?