My18 raptor build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just gonna do a thread on my truck about what I’ve done and will update it every time I change something or have any problems. Several of these on here that I keep up with and get a lot good info from. So if you have any questions about any mods I do plz ask. This is the list of mods I’ve currently done to my truck.

1. 5 star tunes
2. MPT tunes(currently running prx tune 93)
3. Spd turbo adapters
4. AFE power momentum gt pro 5r CAI
5. AFE twisted steel street-series catted downpipes Afe-48-43020-hc
6. Borla atak muffler replacement & midpipes, BOR-60638
7. Borla raptor short bed resonator H pipe, BOR-60650
8. Wagoner EVO intercooler upgrade kit WAG-200001087
9. JLT oil seperator JLT-3016p-b
10. Stubby antenna .50 cal round
11. About 20 gallons of poonanny juice squirted on all over the back seat. It’s not hard to pick em up I discovered in the raptor. :)
12. Baja pro fog kit & A pillar mounts with Baja pro
13. Method con 6 17s
Never had the truck show and codes or wrench’s while in stock tune or running a performance tune for any of my modifications. I read of some having codes after installing certain brand name downpipes or cold air intakes. The brands I used have never caused any issues, so no need to worry about that. Also Borla said to use the H pipe instead of x pipe since I had downpipes on my truck. Also I will say when I had the Borla atak installed with downpipes and i didn’t have the spd turbo adapters I was not happy with it. To me it sounded like a fart can, once I installed the spd turbo adapters it made the sound I wanted exactly. I wouldn’t change anything on the sound now, everyone I know even the die hard v8 guys say they love the sound it makes. Next mods will be leveling kit, method wheel and nitto 35x12.50 tires

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I didn’t think about taking any pics of it during upgrades, I can snap a few now I guess but everything is performance mods so far and want be much to show. I guess the cai maybe but it’s just a cai. I was planning on taking pics definitely when I level and change wheels and tires. I will try to get a sound clip with my iPhone for you, at idle and going down road. Not sure how good quality I can do just having my phone though

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you feel the AFE twisted steel street-series catted down-pipes gave the performance you hoped for?
The down pipe on my STI made a big difference, but I haven't seen any dyno graphs that show the same kind results for the Raptor yet... It seems like it would work the same way. I have heard it helps more on the top end...
I am interested in catted down pipes, but at 1k+ I would like to see more than 15hp. Good to hear you are not throwing any codes.
Could you feel a difference with the down pipe installed?
Also would like to hear a sound clip of your truck.
Thank you.

Gen2

Reaction score
Msb, I dont see a pedal commander on your list. I couldn't believe the difference it made. Best bang for the buck in my opinion. They told me at 5 Star I would be wasting my money putting one on my truck with their tunes. They said they do all the throttle adjustments in the tune. Boy were they wrong. It made a huge difference. Truck is alot more responsive and it finds the correct gear faster. Less than a minute to install. I got mine for $250 from Freedom a few weeks back, includes shipping.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

How are the MPT tunes compared to 5 Star?

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who cares about all that crap...truck is already plenty fast...I want to hear more about the 20 gallons of poonanny juice.....and pictures would help!

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at the seperators for a while and didnt want to drill into the intake tubes, I just read about the JLT at 1/3rd the price
Is it working like planned? Have you seen much oil in it?

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Just gonna do a thread on my truck about what I’ve done and will update it every time I change something or have any problems. Several of these on here that I keep up with and get a lot good info from. So if you have any questions about any mods I do plz ask. This is the list of mods I’ve currently done to my truck.

1. 5 star tunes
2. MPT tunes(currently running prx tune 93)
3. Spd turbo adapters
4. AFE power momentum gt pro 5r CAI
5. AFE twisted steel street-series catted downpipes Afe-48-43020-hc
6. Borla atak muffler replacement & midpipes, BOR-60638
7. Borla raptor short bed resonator H pipe, BOR-60650
8. Wagoner EVO intercooler upgrade kit WAG-200001087
9. JLT oil seperator JLT-3016p-b
10. Stubby antenna .50 cal round
11. About 20 gallons of poonanny juice squirted on all over the back seat. It’s not hard to pick em up I discovered in the raptor. :)

Never had the truck show and codes or wrench’s while in stock tune or running a performance tune for any of my modifications. I read of some having codes after installing certain brand name downpipes or cold air intakes. The brands I used have never caused any issues, so no need to worry about that. Also Borla said to use the H pipe instead of x pipe since I had downpipes on my truck. Also I will say when I had the Borla atak installed with downpipes and i didn’t have the spd turbo adapters I was not happy with it. To me it sounded like a fart can, once I installed the spd turbo adapters it made the sound I wanted exactly. I wouldn’t change anything on the sound now, everyone I know even the die hard v8 guys say they love the sound it makes. Next mods will be leveling kit, method wheel and nitto 35x12.50 tires

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New mods

So I finally got around to doing something else to my truck. I installed the Baja design fog pocket kit with pro series lights and installed A-pillar mounts with Baja lights. Set each pair up on it’s on switch. It’s super bright, was thinking maybe more behind grill but it would probably be waste because I probably wouldn’t even be able to tell I had it on.

Attachments

• 624A1376-379E-4474-A84F-D2A02E9A2F3E.jpg
    624A1376-379E-4474-A84F-D2A02E9A2F3E.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 77
  • D5C4D58E-3D3D-4431-95E3-5FE202F39C64.jpg
    D5C4D58E-3D3D-4431-95E3-5FE202F39C64.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 70