my 2017 raptor strange nucking sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QATARSUB

Reaction score
hi all

I have 2017 ford raptor and I notice that there is nocking sound when I push the truck from low rpm specially in the forth gear I can here something like electric sound or like detonation I don't know how to describe it more
but some tell me that I should have oil catch can to prevent the oil vapor from going into the intake which effect the fuel to lose octane.

just received my UPR oil catch did not install it yet along with other mods and waiting to solve that issue

any idea or thoughts ??

RaptorUSN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can’t say I’ve heard the same noise your describing or that a catch can will solve that issue. Something you should def have the dealer look into. I’ve got the UPR catch can on mine and it’s a great mod to have with these motors.

Last edited:
OP
OP
QATARSUB

QATARSUB

Reaction score
I did took the car for the dealer they said nothing wrong and there is no any codes I well install my catch can and see from there well go to performance shop end of the week to data log the car and see what’s going on