my 2017 raptor exhost system upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QATARSUB

Reaction score
hi all

wanted to share that with you guys

after i did some upgrades to my truck i modified the full exhaust system starting with Spd turbo adapters and fowled by Spd catless down pipes and xpipes borla attack borla tail pipes carbon tips.
well first of all after installation and starting the truck it was sooo sooo loud and aggressive the truck sounds great BUTTTT it was extremely loud driving the truck around i was afraid that i well disturb my Neighbors and puplic driving with them on streets and was afraid to be pulled off by the police.

then i decided to swap the xpipes with borla resonator i did all modification at home and after starting the truck there was a huge difference from stock to extremely wild ending up with the greatest sound with the resonator.

see it your self and tell me what you guys think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcIGLsWfktY

ArcticRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I don't have the down pipes, but I do have the ATAK. I've considered getting the resonator. I'm assuming it is a large difference in the cab at cruising speeds?

OP
OP
QATARSUB

QATARSUB

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I don't have the down pipes, but I do have the ATAK. I've considered getting the resonator. I'm assuming it is a large difference in the cab at cruising speeds?

you well be satisfy I'm sure you will like it on idle and cruising.

VSTOLG4

Reaction score
I kind of liked the end result with the resonator. I'd like to add a little more volume to mine also, even if it sounds kind of lame. Its almost embarrassing to get nice complements on the truck and then start it with the stock exhaust...really underwhelming.

OP
OP
QATARSUB

QATARSUB

Reaction score
I kind of liked the end result with the resonator. I'd like to add a little more volume to mine also, even if it sounds kind of lame. Its almost embarrassing to get nice complements on the truck and then start it with the stock exhaust...really underwhelming.

Well if loudness you like go with the Atak system, if extreme loud you have to do downpipes but downpipes needs tuning.

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

wow, no offence but that is just horrible, everything. I dont get it, sorry

Do you mean like you didn’t understand the purpose of the video it self? Is that what you mean? What is it that yo don’t get?

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

Might get an Emmy for the sound mixing!

It is loud tho

You think so

The only loud is when starting the truck but idle and criusing you can’t tell there is atak system under you

DEGBTI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the sound itself, so load and raspy. Not sure I personally have heard anything better than stock so far. It only matters if you like it though!

ArcticRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get a good amount of compliments on the sound of the ATAK with X-Pipes. I still much prefer the rumble of a V-8. If you are going to act like your truck has a lot of horsepower, you might as well make it catch peoples attention with some sort of noise.