MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See my post on removing my Pedal Commander from yesterday, Pedal Commander and Wrench/Christmas Tree of Lights. You probably have a loose/not 100% secure connection when you plugged back in your accelerator wiring after removing the PC.

Yeah...... I'm pretty sure that's not his problem.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
Yeah...... I'm pretty sure that's not his problem.

Not sure why you say this. I had my dash light up as he described while pulling out of a parking lot as he described, reseated the two plugs and all the warnings cleared out immediately. If the truck detects a problem with, or simply fails to detect that connection, it sets off every warning he described. If you do not believe it, unplug your accelerator and turn the key.

I'm pretty sure that this is indeed his problem, but as always, I could be wrong as I am not a tech, just a person sharing a similar experience.

And I'm not positive its "Limp" mode, I think its failure of the PCM to recognize the accelerator. No accelerator connection, no go for the truck. Happened to me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is highly likely yes.

I certainly would start there.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

Not sure why you say this. I had my dash light up as he described while pulling out of a parking lot as he described, reseated the two plugs and all the warnings cleared out immediately. If the truck detects a problem with, or simply fails to detect that connection, it sets off every warning he described. If you do not believe it, unplug your accelerator and turn the key.

I'm pretty sure that this is indeed his problem, but as always, I could be wrong as I am not a tech, just a person sharing a similar experience.

And I'm not positive its "Limp" mode, I think its failure of the PCM to recognize the accelerator. No accelerator connection, no go for the truck. Happened to me.

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I installed the 93PR-X version 2 earlier this wk and while it definitely shifts smoother from 1st to 2nd and that right off of an idle throttle twitchiness is gone but so is that instant throttle response. I understand that the 2 kind of go hand in hand but I was hoping to just smoothen out that point where say you're pulling out of your driveway and it just jumped and would spin the tires if you weren't careful with the slightest touch of the peddle. I miss that instant throttle response and wish it was only smoother for say the first 15' of movement. Does that make sense the way I'm explaining it? I'm thinking of going back to the version 1 tune because I was used to it. My wife didn't like driving it though because she always felt like it was going to get away from her. It's got just a few more HP than her gutless 17 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with 35's on it :)

mmacfn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks!

I was of course going to the airport so won’t be able to check it till the A.M. if It was loose it took 2 hours of driving to looosen enough to create all those faults. Oddly tho, why would it be fine after I restarted the truck a couple of times?

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Intermittent connection. Definitely happened with mine. Was fine, parked it, next time I fired it up, Christmas Tree. Unplugged the accelerator, reconnected firmly, no more issue. All occured after I removed my PC and plugged back in factory accelerator connections. Your problem sounds identical to what mine was, for the exact same reason, with the exact same result. Try staring the truck and unplug the accelerator while it's running. If it throws the same codes/warnings you previously described, I'd say you found your problem. The Drive Modes and Terrain Management all run through that accelerator connector.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty much ok with with how the tune is but one thing my truck does do is when it hits 4th gear it’s like it pauses for a second then starts pulling real hard again. It’s not bad to point where I’ve even emailed them about it but it definitely happens every time I’m doing a hard run on it.

---------- Post added at 05:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 AM ----------

I guess I would need to figure out how to record a pull and send it in to them and get it cleaned up.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks!

I was of course going to the airport so won’t be able to check it till the A.M. if It was loose it took 2 hours of driving to looosen enough to create all those faults. Oddly tho, why would it be fine after I restarted the truck a couple of times?

Better yet, and probably the better way to verify. Unplug the accelerator then start the truck, verify all the warnings, shut truck down, reconnect the plugs ensuring a very tight connection and remember to push down the red safety tab, restart the truck to verify warnings cleared.

VSTOLG4

Reaction score
So I installed the 93PR-X version 2 earlier this wk and while it definitely shifts smoother from 1st to 2nd and that right off of an idle throttle twitchiness is gone but so is that instant throttle response. I understand that the 2 kind of go hand in hand but I was hoping to just smoothen out that point where say you're pulling out of your driveway and it just jumped and would spin the tires if you weren't careful with the slightest touch of the peddle. I miss that instant throttle response and wish it was only smoother for say the first 15' of movement. Does that make sense the way I'm explaining it? I'm thinking of going back to the version 1 tune because I was used to it. My wife didn't like driving it though because she always felt like it was going to get away from her. It's got just a few more HP than her gutless 17 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with 35's on it :)

Did you get V2 due to poor shifts on V1? Just tell them to turn up the throttle response (like V1) and get a new V3. I actually had them turn mine down...wasn’t able to safely park it without lurching into my garage wall. I had them reduce normal mode but leave sport mode sensitive. I make sure I’m in normal to park it and for when my wife drives it.