MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gearhead makes for a much smoother transmission.

Best tranny tuning of all the tunes. Not necessarily shift points.... but the downshift logic and the shift firmness and slip are spot on.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gearhead makes for a much smoother transmission.

Best tranny tuning of all the tunes. Not necessarily shift points.... but the downshift logic and the shift firmness and slip are spot on.

Gotcha. Think I like the idea of the MPT with the higher power option when I want it though.

rubyred_gen2raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running the MPT 93PRX but had to dial back the transmission tune a bit. I have friends with similar mods and the 5 star tune and personally i like the MPT 93PRX better.

cao0215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine with prx 91, but my gear display iss off, i can not turn it on by ‘+’ , then a little too aggressive

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@cao0215 Why is your gear display off? And why can’t you turn it back on by pressing the paddle?

New owner still debating on which shop to go with here.

Bests
Alex

cao0215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@cao0215 Why is your gear display off? And why can’t you turn it back on by pressing the paddle?

New owner still debating on which shop to go with here.

Bests
Alex

not sure the reason, but send it to MPT CUST to ask, i think they ll reply me on Monday.

otherwise all good, but shift too aggressive, will ask for adjust on Monday also.

Austin

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered the n-gauge from MPT last week. Still debating on what 3 tunes I'm going with. But after reading feedback from several of their customers I will be doing the trans tuning that Jeff-Ohio has. Basically the stock programming but with the skip shifts eliminated. I don't like the way the factory Sport mode keeps the trans "hanging" in a higher gear when you back out of the throttle and keeps the RPM's up the way it does. I'd like a little more "relaxed" type of shifting but using all gears.

My tune thoughts right now are 93 PRX, 91 PRX, and 91 Per Tow. I figure if for some reason I'd need to run 87 octane I could always throw the stock tune in for that. Also I doubt there is much difference from the 93 and 91 PRX tunes but 93 here is Pa can sometimes be a little hard to find. So this way I'll have the 91 option if I need it.

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the n-gauge from MPT last week. Still debating on what 3 tunes I'm going with. But after reading feedback from several of their customers I will be doing the trans tuning that Jeff-Ohio has. Basically the stock programming but with the skip shifts eliminated. I don't like the way the factory Sport mode keeps the trans "hanging" in a higher gear when you back out of the throttle and keeps the RPM's up the way it does. I'd like a little more "relaxed" type of shifting but using all gears.

My tune thoughts right now are 93 PRX, 91 PRX, and 91 Per Tow. I figure if for some reason I'd need to run 87 octane I could always throw the stock tune in for that. Also I doubt there is much difference from the 93 and 91 PRX tunes but 93 here is Pa can sometimes be a little hard to find. So this way I'll have the 91 option if I need it.

Yep, those are the three I'm using, pretty much for the same reasons. I kept the transmission shifts the same as they gave me, but asked them to lower the pedal sensitivity. The original 93PRX was just way too touchy; it gave you a more seat of the pants kick, but it was tough to regulate a smooth start. Much better once they lowered the sensitivity. I can mash the pedal on my own.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just downloaded my stock file and now it's time to commit to which tunes I want. Kenny I appreciate your input about pedal sensitivity. I didn't think about the pedal sensitivity. We were a Saleen dealer for several years at the Ford dealership where I work and the Saleen tunes were terrible with very aggressive tip in of the throttle.

I think I'll ask for the 3 tunes I mentioned but with pedal sensitivity on the PRX tunes dialed back just a bit and with "Jeff's trans tunes" in all 3 of them.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just downloaded my stock file and now it's time to commit to which tunes I want. Kenny I appreciate your input about pedal sensitivity. I didn't think about the pedal sensitivity. We were a Saleen dealer for several years at the Ford dealership where I work and the Saleen tunes were terrible with very aggressive tip in of the throttle.

I think I'll ask for the 3 tunes I mentioned but with pedal sensitivity on the PRX tunes dialed back just a bit and with "Jeff's trans tunes" in all 3 of them.

I asked for linear.... not juiced. I'm not sure if what I got is the stock setting but whatever it is its fine.