MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badjk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife just surprised me with a MPT Ngauge today for my 18 screw. I see a lot of talk about picking different tunes but I didn’t see anything other then the 93-prx on their website. Others I’ve seen mentioned is a 91 and a towing tune. What other tunes are available?

Can your wife call my wife?

eclou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very happy with the 93 PRX tune. Throttle response is now very linear and without the delayed yo-yo feeling I had even in Sport mode with the stock tuning.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been dragging my feet for quite a while now with regards to getting a tune. I've been watching and waiting to see how the different tuners sort out the engine and tranny tuning. Sounds like MPT has done a pretty good job of it.

Can you guys that have been running these tunes for a while post some feed back. I'd like to hear what your thoughts are now that you've got some time driving the truck tuned.

Can you please also post which tunes you chose and how you like/dislike each one.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been dragging my feet for quite a while now with regards to getting a tune. I've been watching and waiting to see how the different tuners sort out the engine and tranny tuning. Sounds like MPT has done a pretty good job of it.

Can you guys that have been running these tunes for a while post some feed back. I'd like to hear what your thoughts are now that you've got some time driving the truck tuned.

Can you please also post which tunes you chose and how you like/dislike each one.

I have the 91 prx , asked for the linear throttle , the 1-3-5 skip shift to be removed and the stop start removed. I works perfect , dont askt for the skip shift removal , the skip makes the normal driving smoother , ill be getting it put back.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the 91 prx , asked for the linear throttle , the 1-3-5 skip shift to be removed and the stop start removed. I works perfect , dont askt for the skip shift removal , the skip makes the normal driving smoother , ill be getting it put back.

So you're saying don't have them remove the skip shift?

When I'm in sport mode and accelerate hard off the line (which I don't do very often) I love the quick shifting through all of the gears. Does their program with the skip shift removed make those shifts harsh? Is that what you don't like about the skip shift removed?

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gearhead tuning is stock on steroids. 1 tune does everything. Towing and any gas are no problem. Shifting is perfect. Flash and forget

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you're saying don't have them remove the skip shift?

When I'm in sport mode and accelerate hard off the line (which I don't do very often) I love the quick shifting through all of the gears. Does their program with the skip shift removed make those shifts harsh? Is that what you don't like about the skip shift removed?

As stated in previous posts, I had the skip shift removed and love it. I have the callibration exactly as it came from the factory with the parameter(s) that caused the skip shift altered to prevent it from happening. I like the factory shift points much better for my driving style than the more aggressive shift mappings that hold higher RPMs.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gearhead tuning is stock on steroids. 1 tune does everything. Towing and any gas are no problem. Shifting is perfect. Flash and forget

Not familiar with the gearhead tuning. Fact I've never really heard of them. I'm assuming with a one tune does all that is just basically a multiplier of what the factor tune would normally do?

As stated in previous posts, I had the skip shift removed and love it. I have the callibration exactly as it came from the factory with the parameter(s) that caused the skip shift altered to prevent it from happening. I like the factory shift points much better for my driving style than the more aggressive shift mappings that hold higher RPMs.

Jeff I don't remember which tune you ended up with. Is it the MPT. Do you just have a tranny tune or engine and tranny?