MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes

You have it right.

MPT is in Florida. You should take a road trip and let mike tune you on the dyno and then give you canned tunes to flash for your other purposes.

Guys, just making sure I understand the MPT Tunes here. You receive three separate tunes with the N-Gauge right? Since I live in Florida, my plan is to order the 93PR-X Tune (for Winter, cooler months), 91PR-X Tune (for Summer, hotter months), and then 91 Performance Tow - No Trans Tuning (for towing boat, Summer months). Is there such a Tune called 91PR-X Tune for 91 octane? Feedback please.

RobertH6657

Reaction score
Good advice and thanks for the feedback. I am 20 minutes from his shop. Also, I was just looking at the MPT 93PR-X Tune for the F-150 3.5 EB. They are getting nearly identical HP and Torque as the Raptor. I guess that tells you that the F-150 3.5 EB is just a slightly detuned (out of the Factory) Raptor engine. I could have sworn that I saw somewhere that the Raptor had larger turbos or something mechanically different than the standard 3.5 EB.... but I guess not. That's a little disheartening.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been running the latest version for couple thousand miles now. All good so far. Shifts are great, no more hard downshift from 5th gear!!! Power is amazing, Sport is still ridiculous. Even removed the PC from the dash (finally) 2017 Rap

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are mechanical differences.

The ceiling on power however is complicated and has, in part, to do with the engine’s ability to tolerate knock.

To achieve “similar” horsepower numbers from a standard ecoboost means pushing that truck even harder in terms of its turbos and such.

With an intercooler a solid MPT tune and CAI and catback.... you’re looking at over 450 wheel horsepower.... in fact... that number is probably closer to 475. With a 20 percent valvetrain loss you’re looking at 600bhp.

Nothing to shake a stick at. You’ll move that junk of aluminum to 60 in just under 5 seconds.

If you are willing to spend a little more money... do the dyno tune in person and get the NGauge for your flexible needs. You’ll get the most juice for your money...

You don’t need the CAI, intercooler and catback, but of the 3 I recommend the intercooler. I’m using whipples and it has worked out nicely.

Good advice and thanks for the feedback. I am 20 minutes from his shop. Also, I was just looking at the MPT 93PR-X Tune for the F-150 3.5 EB. They are getting nearly identical HP and Torque as the Raptor. I guess that tells you that the F-150 3.5 EB is just a slightly detuned (out of the Factory) Raptor engine. I could have sworn that I saw somewhere that the Raptor had larger turbos or something mechanically different than the standard 3.5 EB.... but I guess not. That's a little disheartening.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put it in Sport, 4a, with the traction control still on at the airport where I fly. 25 Degree's, Concrete surface, Pedal to the floor from a stand still, truck barked all four tires through the first three gears.

As an aside...you're not worried about the 4A setting engaging moving parts when hammering the gas on dry pavement/cement like that? That was always a question I had if at the Track on how to launch...as my Gen 1 did not have 4A, and my Sierra Denali had AWD....

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As an aside...you're not worried about the 4A setting engaging moving parts when hammering the gas on dry pavement/cement like that? That was always a question I had if at the Track on how to launch...as my Gen 1 did not have 4A, and my Sierra Denali had AWD....

Not at all. 17k miles, actually do this quite a bit as I'm always at our small airport with wide open spaces all to myself. Always engages smoothly.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score

As I understand it, 4A is like AWD - the transfer case decides when power is needed up front and distributes accordingly, automatically. I believe 4H and 4L are not really to be used on dry pavement. At least this is my understanding.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have adaptive cruise. I went with the 802A and really wanted some parts of the technology pkg but not for the 2K. The 10K for the 802A was bad enough :)

I also have the 802A...a 17...I just checked my Window Sticker b/c I honestly NEVER use Cruise Control, and completely forgot if I had Adaptive CC...and I can't find it listed...so I think I am safe from that.

With that said...what else was included in that $2000 Tech Package...I think like you I wanted something or two things, but was able to live w/out...especially trying to keep the MSRP under $70K.

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

As I understand it, 4A is like AWD - the transfer case decides when power is needed up front and distributes accordingly, automatically. I believe 4H and 4L are not really to be used on dry pavement. At least this is my understanding.

Would love someone with more knowledge than us to confirm for sure.

You are correct on 4H and 4L (almost never needed) NOT being used on pavement.

I just don't know if 4A engages things permanently like AWD does/is for a vehicle that has AWD...which for an AWD vehicle they can distribute torque as needed (bias) from rear to front if slippage occurs, but again, things are always engaged vs. slamming into engagement if slippage occurs...which is what I am worried about with 4A.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Boss Read up on clutch in transfer case, and the difference between a f150 and a raptor clutch