MPT tune plus Pedal Commander?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badbowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gents, I'm about to pull the trigger on the MPT tune and need your input.

The throttle response lag on this truck annoys me, will the MPT tune improve the throttle response significantly or should I pick up a Pedal Commander at the same time?

Edit to add (before I get flamed): Yes I am aware of how the PC works I'm asking if the throttle response increase with the MPT PRX is adequate by itself.

Thanks

Last edited:

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No on the PC. Nearly un-drivable if you stack the two. You will be very pleased with the MPT

Last edited:

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree. Very responsive with the MPT tune alone. I actually tried running both, but with the PC in eco mode to tame ‘er down lol.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a french guy who doesn't understand anything, please what does it mean "MPT" I Often read it , is it a kind of reprograming ?

Totally different I often read when I am looking the ads for used market

GLWS ? Does it mean the car is very clean ???

MSRP ? Is it the medium price market ???

Thanks

Gargamel

Banned
Reaction score
I would suggest the opposite. Get a Pedal Commander and call it done. This gives you the best chance at having warranty work done when you need it.

eclou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The MPT tune takes the molasses out of the throttle response. For me even in sport the stock throttle response seemed non-linear and "jumpy" and with the MPT its razor sharp

OP
OP
B

Badbowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I'm really on the fence here... I feel like the truck makes enough power it just has horrible throttle response.

In the past I was the first person to tune and bastardize my vehicles warranty be damned but as I get older I am thinking of how nice it is to keep my warranty.

I may do the PC only but it seems like a gimmick fix.

Ugh decision decisions....