MPT PRX-93 tune Compressor surge? Cabin Noise????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rubyred_gen2raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys -

Forgive me if there has already been a thread related to this...

I ended up going with the MPT tune for my truck... Other mods include: Fullrace Intake / TBS / V2 FMIC , Turbosmart BOV, SPD Adapters + Downpipes, Corsa Muffler + Tailpipes.

When I come off the throttle i hear a noise coming from the center of my dash (ish) that sounds like two very very faint whistles.. ALMOST like what compressor surge sounds like.. Its quiet on partial throttle and gets louder if i release the gas on full throttle...

There have been no CEL's or tripped sensors (knock on wood) to date and I love how the tune wakes the truck up..

My question is, Has anyone encountered this issue before? I love my truck, but i'm not sure what to make of this.. MPT said that louder cabin noise has been reported before.

When i re flash back to stock I can't cause that sound to occur which leads me to believe it has something to do with (possibly) additional boost from the tune?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

-Jay

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Grand National does that because of the CAI, which is actually a HAI.

OP
OP
R

rubyred_gen2raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Grand National does that because of the CAI, which is actually a HAI.

But for it not to occur without the tune loaded and then happen when the truck is tuned? I suppose that may make sense, my use of "compressor surge" is probably the wrong definition

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe it's more noticeable with the additional boost from the tune?
On my GN if you let off the throttle real quick and the throttle blade closes...any air that didn't make it in gets pushed back out through my MAF pipe and K&N cone filter. On the GN it doesn't make a whisling sound, more like a horse snorting. :biggrin:

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I'd check all of your intake and cold side piping connections for loose, under tightened or pliable connection points.

I'll bet you have a little bit of a leak some place.