MPT Performance Tune Dyno chart...HMMM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys with Gen 2s - are they really that susceptible to heat? If so, I'd be looking a bigger IC and radiator as my first mods.

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
Something is off with their numbers. Interesting that there is no "tuned cold" number.

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
I would like to see different dyno graphs from different shops to see if the net gains are as shown.
For the transmission shifting, I do not doubt that they improved the feel of it. However, I do question how the transmission will hold up with the new settings. Remember, that thing is not proven and if it grenades (rare, but is possible), it will be on your dime.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dyno charts from their site for the standard F-150 3.5 are more consistent. If I were them, I'd hold off on posting the Raptor dyno until you get a better truck/conditions.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dyno charts from their site for the standard F-150 3.5 are more consistent. If I were them, I'd hold off on posting the Raptor dyno until you get a better truck/conditions.

If you look closely and Analyze the dyno graph... notice the air fuel ratio becomes much richer with the stock tune when the engine is heat soaked. It also drops boost. Me thinks this is Ford's failsafe tune algorithm to prevent potential "unnecessary" wear and tear

If you look at the cold run, the ratio is nearly the same as the tuned run. Therefore I think it is safe to say that the stock cold run is the comparison baseline to the tuned run. So the tune makes about 90 horsepower. There isn't anything fishy about this number. 5 star claimed 80 and posted runs as well and whipple claims as much as does Hennessy.

A cold tuned dyno run probably would pull a few more horsepower but nothing too significant I'd suspect. Maybe on a cherry truck on a cold day you'd crack 100 total more ponies on a cold tuned run.

I do think the moral of the story though may be that an intercooler is a nice addition to limit some of the heat issues. I believe this is Whipple's point as well which is why they sell their tune with a CAI and intercooler.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All vehicles with forced induction are susceptible to heat. Gen 2 Raptor is no worse or different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I do think though that as you turn the dial up on the boost and timing and lean out the mix.... that you're naturally going to make more heat. I think the possibility then exists that you can heat soak the intercooler and engine faster.... and naturally increasing intercooler capacity as well as running a lower thermostat would likely assist in that regard.