More power tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guy who made your tune and how much

See thread title and first few posts for details.

MPT. 300 for 3 tunes and I already owned the tuner.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Negative.

Only hpt ngauge can access the raptor right now for portable tunes as far as I know.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Guy did you have both the CAI and cat back exhaust installed for the before and after dyno runs? Meaning, was the tune the only difference between the two runs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffkrgutility

Reaction score
I just uninstalled 5 Star for the second time. The first was due to the adaptive cruise control putting the truck in limp mode on the interstate. 5 Star sent a updated tune and after a two hour trip today it is junk. The truck is not pleasant to drive, has power but is just real jerky. I am ordering MPT. Thanks Guy for the info.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Guy did you have both the CAI and cat back exhaust installed for the before and after dyno runs? Meaning, was the tune the only difference between the two runs?

It wasn't my truck that was run, but from what I understand... those numbers I gave are on a BONE stock truck... before and after tune.

I don't expect the CAI and catback to add very much to the equation. Maybe 15-20 horsepower if I'm lucky....

I can't imagine what this tune would do for someone who has a downpipe and catback with turbo adapters and a CAI. They customize the tune for what mods you have... so all I can say is... wow.

Homer Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Guy I assume you are running 93 octane gasoline?

I'm heavily considering ordering this but I'm stuck with 91...

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guy,
I was looking on the MPT site at the tunes they offer and wondering which ones you bought and which ones are you seeing the big gains coupled with the drivability? Is it the 93 PRX? Or the PRX no trans?

Negative.

Only hpt ngauge can access the raptor right now for portable tunes as far as I know.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Guy I assume you are running 93 octane gasoline?

I'm heavily considering ordering this but I'm stuck with 91...

Is there a big difference between the 91 and 93 tunes? I was thinking about just doing the 91 from a safety standpoint even though 93 is readily available where I live (concern about 93 gas availability on trips and 91 wouldn't be as hard on the truck). Thoughts?

In addition, I am also having a hard time on what to do about shift firmness. Is what they send by default too firm, just right, etc...? I want to do what is best for the transmission, but I do not necessarily want to feel the truck jerk every time it changes gears. Is having them duplicate the smoothness of the stock normal shifts a dumb thing to do? I do not like when the current transmission chooses to shift up or down etc...., but it's shift crispness in normal mode is fine with me whereas sport feels a little too firm. Is there a better set up than asking for that?

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the 93prx 93prx stock trans, and 93 tow.

I have to tell you.... I installed the 93prx and it is great. The transmission is smooth and smart.
The power is smooth. There is no jerky shifting.

I got the backup stock trans tune just in case, but I can't imagine ever going back. This current tune is how the truck should have rolled out of the factory.

Is there a big difference between the 91 and 93 tunes? I was thinking about just doing the 91 from a safety standpoint even though 93 is readily available where I live (concern about 93 gas availability on trips and 91 wouldn't be as hard on the truck). Thoughts?

In addition, I am also having a hard time on what to do about shift firmness. Is what they send by default too firm, just right, etc...? I want to do what is best for the transmission, but I do not necessarily want to feel the truck jerk every time it changes gears. Is having them duplicate the smoothness of the stock normal shifts a dumb thing to do? I do not like when the current transmission chooses to shift up or down etc...., but it's shift crispness in normal mode is fine with me whereas sport feels a little too firm. Is there a better set up than asking for that?