More power tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MPT just posted on Facebook that they are looking for someone in the central Florida area with a 18 raptor that could possibly get hooked up with them at their shop to complete the 18 tuning process. Anyone interested? I'm sure you'll probably get your truck dyno tuned by Mike personally and probably a decent discount for hooking them up.

Thanks for the heads up. I just messaged them on FB. Let’s see what happens. I’m relatively close to them.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I read every word of every page of this thread and haven't seen these questions answered:

First, what is the direct impact on MPG after the 91 tune? and 93 tune? Yes, I understand mpg is related to driving style and if you go WOT all the time because its fun its going to result in lower mpg. But every tune has a default loss number. i.e., if you drive the same as stock, what's the loss in mpg?

Second, I am more interested in the tow tune. What exactly does that do to enhance towing? Improve torque down low? Improve towing MPG?

Third, if I wanted to run a tow tune and then swtich to a 91 tune, it means reflashing each time, correct? On race bikes, you can flip through a toggle and switch to a different mode real time while you are moving. I assume it's not the same here, even if you have the ngage mounted up in the console. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks guys,

Last edited:

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK I read every word of every page of this thread and haven't seen these questions answered:

First, what is the direct impact on MPG after the 91 tune? and 93 tune? Yes, I understand mpg is related to driving style and if you go WOT all the time because its fun its going to result in lower mpg. But every tune has a default loss number. i.e., if you drive the same as stock, what's the loss in mpg?

Second, I am more interested in the tow tune. What exactly does that do to enhance towing? Improve torque down low? Improve towing MPG?

Third, if I wanted to run a tow tune and then swtich to a 91 tune, it means reflashing each time, correct? On race bikes, you can flip through a toggle and switch to a different mode real time while you are moving. I assume it's not the same here, even if you have the ngage mounted up in the console. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks guys,

I can confirm. Yes reflash for change of tune. Second I've run both MPT tunes and the only major difference I see is boost is limited to 18psi for the towing tune. The prx is 21. No noticeable difference between the two as far as low end power or trans programming.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can confirm. Yes reflash for change of tune. Second I've run both MPT tunes and the only major difference I see is boost is limited to 18psi for the towing tune. The prx is 21. No noticeable difference between the two as far as low end power or trans programming.

Thank you for responding.

Interesting. So the tow tune doesn't actually help with low-end power differently than the 93 tune? It just caps boost?

What about MPG loss after tune?

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks guys,

Mpg has remained relatively constant I get 15-16.5

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Thank you for responding.

Interesting. So the tow tune doesn't actually help with low-end power differently than the 93 tune? It just caps boost?

What about MPG loss after tune?

Yes and therefore power as well. For safety I assume. However it's more power than needed for the vehicles limited towing capacity for sure

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody else had issues with backfiring immediately after a full fuel refill? On my last 5 to 10 refills, my truck will occasionally backfire for the first ten miles or so when I let off the gas and coast, or come to a stop. After approximately ten miles, I never have the issue. Thoughts? I am running MPTs 93-PRX tune with the stock transmission setup.