Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]

More power tuning

This is a discussion on More power tuning within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
If anyone wants to buy a pedal commander and afe scorcher let me know. I have both for sale after ...

User Tag List

Like Tree186Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2017, 09:48 PM   #301 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

If anyone wants to buy a pedal commander and afe scorcher let me know. I have both for sale after going with the mpt tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidryan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:54 PM   #302 (permalink)

Originally Posted by bfr View Post
You do know MPT does not have a tune yet for your '18? Should be soon...but just want you to know what has been said previously in this thread.
I'm hoping itll be ready by the time my order comes in, 10 to who knows weeks from now. Assuming it does become avail. And no1 blows up an engine in that time, Im all in. Would you like to purchase extended warranty sir? Ehh.. Nope!

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Originally Posted by Mcnawsty View Post
Definitely not advisable to modify these... expensive, lengthy failures are showing up.
Proof or it didn't happen
bfr likes this.
Tsunami1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:46 PM   #303 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Ok well shit im sold.

So ive never flashed anything before. What exactly do i need besides purchasing the tune from MTP online when its available?
mmacfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:21 AM   #304 (permalink)
Banned

Originally Posted by Tsunami1983 View Post
Proof or it didn't happen
Open your eyes and spend some time researching it. There are several well documented cases of extensive drivetrain warranty work that owners have needed.
Mcnawsty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:53 AM   #305 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Open your eyes and spend some time researching it. There are several well documented cases of extensive drivetrain warranty work that owners have needed.
On stock brand new trucks yes.... there's a whole thread about it. Happened to one truck that was brand new stock... only report I've seen on here
xBryanHoodsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:11 AM   #306 (permalink)

There are going to be outlier quality control issues since the 10 speed is in its infancy. The posted issues appear to be on pure stock vehicles right off the lot which does not apply to this thread. Issues this thread cares about are problems after tuning, not stock truck problems. Your post is erroneous.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:31 PM   #307 (permalink)
Banned

^^^ Wait... you are not concerned with the stock vehicle issues??? If you tune, they will only get worse and fail faster. Tuning does not save you... it quickens the failures.
Mcnawsty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:02 PM   #308 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

^^^ Wait... you are not concerned with the stock vehicle issues??? If you tune, they will only get worse and fail faster. Tuning does not save you... it quickens the failures.
WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS ON THIS FORUM?!? This forum is downright awful with no moderate presence to delete posts and stop threads from getting off track. This is a thread about a tune and NOT concerning if one should or should not tune. The constant back and forth with trolls only makes it worse but the responsibility ultimately relies on the MODERATORS to MODERATE. Seriously, worst auto enthusiast forum I've ever been a part of.
nah_tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:10 PM   #309 (permalink)

If there is a widespread failure issue of course, if it's only a few it can be expected with a new production.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:33 PM   #310 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by nah_tan View Post
WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS ON THIS FORUM?!? This forum is downright awful with no moderate presence to delete posts and stop threads from getting off track. This is a thread about a tune and NOT concerning if one should or should not tune. The constant back and forth with trolls only makes it worse but the responsibility ultimately relies on the MODERATORS to MODERATE. Seriously, worst auto enthusiast forum I've ever been a part of.

Yup! Worst forum Iíve been on too. From what Iíve read, the mods were gen 1ers and left when threads started popping up about blow off valves and red starter push buttons.

Unfortunately all the other Raptor forums are very small with not much content.
Glamisfan is offline   Reply With Quote