Mod suggestions for street / strip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Thanks for all the posts pertinent to the Raptor. For a while there, I thought I was in the wrong forum. Anyway, you've given me several things to think about. I'm still listening if anyone has any other ideas/comments on a Raptor build to help me reach my goals.

I'm planning to get a dyno soon to establish a baseline so I can see exactly what I'm getting for the mods I make as I make them. I'll keep everyone posted. I'll load the MPT Tune after the first pull is done and dyno it again to see what MPT actually did for me. Then, I plan to either take it to the drag strip and/or move on to the next mod and do the timed 1/4 mile later.

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

[/COLOR]The "Welcome" page of Brown Motor works has 4 paragraphs. In each paragraph, he makes the point that they work on "Volvo, Mini Cooper, Mercedes, BMW or Lexus" If he works on Ford, he must be embarrassed to say so, lol. Either that or I was on the wrong Brown Motor Works web page.

I might have added the motorworks lol. Find him on Facebook, he is the premier 3.5 EcoBoost builder in the US. If your serious about those numbers he will get you there. Check out this thread. http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f261/800hp-59998/index4.html

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is the only thing you need to make your truck a lot faster, good shop that knows how to tune the motor or swap it out. And a boat load of cash. LOL

On a serious note, shoot me a message and I can send you my engine build sheet. You won't go wrong with the options. Just will take some time and a very competent crew.

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In talking with MPT, you might consider a water methanol Kit with there tune to go with it. I have been very temped but haven't pulled a lever yet. There are many kits, they recommended AEM-30-3300
https://www.morepowertuning.com/AEM-30-3300

They stated, aside from there regular tune or a full turbo set up the next biggest gain in HP would me a water **** kit w/ tune for the kit. I am hoping someone with more experience can comment on this. I would love to see some Raptors in the 12s

Are they able to offer an email tune for the **** tune or is a personal dyno day required?

I really want an E85 tune but wouldn’t mind **** at all until we can have E85 from a competent tuner.

Bests
Alex

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They said a dyno day was not required, however, you will need to do more data logging...
They send a tune set up for Methanol ( I believe 70M/30W mix recommended) go through the data logging process with MPT do fine tune. It sounded as though it may be on the conservative side and you may have to go back and forth two or three times data logging to optimize power with the Methanol / Water kit.

OP
OP
R

riderjwc

Reaction score
RaptorFlipper,

Man, if you could get to a dyno, I'd love to see what your setup does. In my area, I can get 3 pulls for $65 out the door. Don't know about your neck of the wood(lands). :)

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea you know i did all that with the 13 and it was fun. I am letting the truck learn the tune still. I only have 1100 miles on her. I am going to change the oil at 1500 and have a few more mods(nothing performance related, just cosmetic) and then ill go do it.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I’ll just leave this here....
https://rmbmotorworks.com/

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr...orworks//RK=2/RS=GsQZirUEVnyRrlJ0hNekZdl_YaU-

Thanks for the posts related to my Raptor

Thanks for all the posts pertinent to the Raptor. For a while there, I thought I was in the wrong forum. Anyway, you've given me several things to think about. I'm still listening if anyone has any other ideas/comments on a Raptor build to help me reach my goals.

I'm planning to get a dyno soon to establish a baseline so I can see exactly what I'm getting for the mods I make as I make them. I'll keep everyone posted. I'll load the MPT Tune after the first pull is done and dyno it again to see what MPT actually did for me. Then, I plan to either take it to the drag strip and/or move on to the next mod and do the timed 1/4 mile later.

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

[/COLOR]The "Welcome" page of Brown Motor works has 4 paragraphs. In each paragraph, he makes the point that they work on "Volvo, Mini Cooper, Mercedes, BMW or Lexus" If he works on Ford, he must be embarrassed to say so, lol. Either that or I was on the wrong Brown Motor Works web page.