Mobil 1 year oil change?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I use Walmart Supertech 5W-30 full synthetic oil in everything, with OCIs of 4500 to 5000 miles. I've been able to pick up 5 quart jugs for $10 lately as it's been on sale. Modern Fords have great oiling systems- no need to run super $$$ oil to keep them going.

Do you feed your dog Ol' Roy too? :rofl:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have a very close friend, retired DC MPD, and professional driver. He campaigned Lincoln Town cars exclusively, putting 400+k miles on the last one, before trading in on the new one. Engine was still strong when he traded it.

He does/did a crap ton of idling and would often have to hustle from way out in the sticks to downtown DC, sometimes more than once. It was amazing the shape he kept his car in. Anyway, one of his religious like rituals was oil and filter change, starting at a low mileage and working up. At each change he would send a sample to Blackstone Labs for analysis. I’d have to check with him to give a guideline, but the latest report he sent me recommended 4k miles as a next interval. His numbers are --significantly-- better than Blackstone’s reported averages, I am talking 2-3 times better in some categories.

Keep in mind, that you have a low displacement, high horsepower twin turbo engine pushing a rather portly 5700 pound truck around. oil analysis isn’t very expensive and can help guide you on change intervals.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there an issue with changing brands, mid stream, but with the same viscosity? As in, using Royal Purple for 40k miles, then switching to Amsoil? I can't imagine it would make a difference, but just curious.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you feed your dog Ol' Roy too? :rofl:

What you got against Supertech?

Doesn't matter what name is on the bottle. Assuming a synthetic oil that meets API standards and you change it every 5K or so- the oil will never be a source of failure in a Raptor engine. Any extra money spent on expensive oils might as well be burned instead.

Nothing will change the minds of some guys though- you types should just go ahead a pay 5 times as much for Amsoil, it will make you feel better.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
What you got against Supertech?

Doesn't matter what name is on the bottle. Assuming a synthetic oil that meets API standards and you change it every 5K or so- the oil will never be a source of failure in a Raptor engine. Any extra money spent on expensive oils might as well be burned instead.

Nothing will change the minds of some guys though- you types should just go ahead a pay 5 times as much for Amsoil, it will make you feel better.

You still didn't answer my Ol' Roy question :rofl:

just busting your balls man, you do you.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My first oil change used that oil. I'm going to change mine at roughly 5K intervals regardless of what the oil claims to support.

As stated above, cheap insurance.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did my first change this weekend at 1,900 miles. That shit was dir...t! Wish I had done it sooner.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't change my oil based on miles... I check my oil from time to time and by looking at a synthetic oil you can tell when you need new oil. Look at the color and rub it between your fingers and decide when it needs to be replaced.

I only use Mobil 1 for what it's worth...

Last edited:

Grey03

Reaction score
I'm going to use the Annual performance as it has better protection and change it as I normally would. 4-5k. No way I would go a year..