Mobil 1 year oil change?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeremyespinoza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you all think about this Mobil 1 oil change? Would any of you put this in your own truck and test it out?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Just put Mobil 1 into my truck, says 15k between oil changes, but I doubt Ill run that long.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have almost 75K miles on my GEN 1, ALL of it on Mobil 1 5w-20.
I wouldn't use anything else, but I'll be damned if I believe this one-year shit.
Whether a vehicle is driven or not, the oil in the crankcase gets progressively more acidic over time. It needs changing whether it's driven or not. Don't be cheap. You spent tens of thousands on your truck, so change the damn oil. This is like marrying the most beautiful and sexy woman in the world and deciding not to make love. Get real.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the 1 year thing can't be real and if it is I still don't trust it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allbizns

Reaction score
I don't doubt the oil can go that long. Alot of over the road truck fleets have 100,000 miles on the same oil. They change filters top off the oil and go. They also constantly have the oil analyzed to make sure everything is good. The filter is the issue. I don't feel there is a filter that can store a year's worth of debris and not become a restriction. It's ok if you want to change filters take samples and send it to black Stone and get tested to make sure all is good. For me it's just cheap insurance on a 70,000.00 plus truck just to change the oil and filter every 5 to 6,000 miles.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use Walmart Supertech 5W-30 full synthetic oil in everything, with OCIs of 4500 to 5000 miles. I've been able to pick up 5 quart jugs for $10 lately as it's been on sale. Modern Fords have great oiling systems- no need to run super $$$ oil to keep them going.