Methanol Injection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got to agree with Chad on the 100% **** over water. The cooling properties of methanol are far superior to that of water along with additional octane.

I'm a big fan of methanol in high performance cars but not sure I want to deal with the headaches of keeping up with the system in my daily truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

an 80/20 ****/water mix reduces the corrosive properties, increases the safety, with out a significant degradation in performance.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** is good stuff.
unless tuned for it you take the risk of actually loosing power with it since the vehicle will run rich.
i wouldnt run it on a daily driver tho or a truck like this. the truck is quick but it shouldn't be built to be a drag car... buy a sports car if you want to do that.

OP
OP
ChevyChad

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok Mr. Ruger, to clarify- I have a good amount of **** and forced induction background. None with this ecoboost platform tho. Hence the thread creation.

And the addition of **** would not cause "explosive destruction of your engine" as you so eloquently put it. Worst case, it may decrease power due to your engine running richer as stealthfrc mentioned. The fact that you are categorizing **** with N2O just reinforces you are not versed in the stuff to know much of what you are talking about. And thats perfectly fine. None of us know everything. We all come together as a community to learn from each other (at least, i believe thats the intent of most on forums like this.) But if you don't know the answer and have no experience in the subject matter, you don't need to chime in with unfounded replies that add no value to the conversation. Yes, you are a "senior member" of this forum with over 5k posts, I respect you for that, and I respect you for your military and first responder background as well. But can we please get this thread on track, or somewhere headed in that direction. I don't want it to turn into a pissing match. Aint nobody got time fo dat!

As has already been stated- the main benefits for **** are better cooling of the intake charge and enhancement of octane rating when being sprayed. This really helps with forced induction applications- especially for people who may not have access to high octane gasoline in their area. Perhaps it may be too much to deal with for a DD for some, and that is their prerogative as well to not venture into using it on this truck. I just wanted to see what options are out there, if any at this point.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok Mr. Ruger, to clarify- I have a good amount of **** and forced induction background. None with this ecoboost platform tho. Hence the thread creation.

And the addition of **** would not cause "explosive destruction of your engine" as you so eloquently put it. Worst case, it may decrease power due to your engine running richer as stealthfrc mentioned. The fact that you are categorizing **** with N2O just reinforces you are not versed in the stuff to know much of what you are talking about. And thats perfectly fine. None of us know everything. We all come together as a community to learn from each other (at least, i believe thats the intent of most on forums like this.) But if you don't know the answer and have no experience in the subject matter, you don't need to chime in with unfounded replies that add no value to the conversation. Yes, you are a "senior member" of this forum with over 5k posts, I respect you for that, and I respect you for your military and first responder background as well. But can we please get this thread on track, or somewhere headed in that direction. I don't want it to turn into a pissing match. Aint nobody got time fo dat!

As has already been stated- the main benefits for **** are better cooling of the intake charge and enhancement of octane rating when being sprayed. This really helps with forced induction applications- especially for people who may not have access to high octane gasoline in their area. Perhaps it may be too much to deal with for a DD for some, and that is their prerogative as well to not venture into using it on this truck. I just wanted to see what options are out there, if any at this point.

I think at this point there are no kits designed specifically for the raptor.

But you sound like you know enough that's it's a tank, tubing, jet/jets, pump and the controller. Building your own would not be tough.

I would love to see someone do this to their raptor but I'm with Steath, I'll save the **** for other projects.

I say build it and let's see what it does!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

conflict

Reaction score
Yup, @ChevyChad, I have no personal experience ....

enough said. go away grandpa

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

For ease of operation I used to run 50/50 distilled water and methanol. I tuned it myself with two nozzles. a small one pre intercooler and a larger one pre throttle body. I tried a bunch of different kits but ended up really liking the kit coolingmist put together: Water Injection | Methanol Injection | Alcohol Injection | Coolingmist Coolingmist has a nice controller and a couple fail safe options. There is quite a price jump if you go to a full aquamist setup. 1 gallon was ok but I ended up switching to a 3 gallon tank which got me quite a bit of mileage without having to mess with it. If you can get your hands on this Subaru water tank I highly recommend it: http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum/gallery/HFS6/moreboost/tank2.jpg It would fit nicely under the rear seat.