max boost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wipit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone know what the max boost on a stock gen2 raptor is.

OP
OP
wipit

wipit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roughly 18psi on a stock tune

Great Thanks, and with tuning. How far do they push them

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

The reason i'm asking is that i will be installing a electronic boost controller from turbosmart, with dual selenoids.

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The power gains in these motors are as much or more with timing as boost. The eco’s Love timing when fueled properly. Personally did a lot of tuning work with my sho Taurus and data logged between a couple different tuners. The fastest I got the car was with less boost and more timing. That was running a e30 blend with **** injection. What’s fun is taking a 4000lb 4 door family car that can run 3.8 0-60 12.4 quarter mile. It’s fun embarrassing kids in 5.0 mustangs, camaros, etc on the street. AWD is hard to beat off the line on the street. I know these cars are capable but on the street on street tires and rwd it takes a heck of a driver to pull those kinda times.

Looking forward to when the tuners really get their hands around this platform, these will be impressive when tuned right.