GEN 2 Magnaflow exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2022 SVT Fan

Reaction score
I also installed the new Magnaflow, but had 2 major issues - 1) severe drone between 2,000 and 3,000 rpm, and 2) altered shifting patterns with unnecessary upshifts.

Just curious how your Magnaflow experience has been since you installed it a week ago.

I have since re-installed my stock system....

after the 1st 50 miles, I let it cool down and then tightened all the clamps.

ZERO issues regarding shifting patterns at all. Yes there is more drone than stock, but that is what I expected. I wouldn't call it severe though. Sorry to hear you are having issues

CWBROWN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any more people have some reviews of the Magnaflow? I was looking at the Borla and my local shop said they have done both. They claim that a few guys that wanted the Borla have complained it's not loud enough. They are saying to go with the Magnaflow as they think it sounds better.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any more people have some reviews of the Magnaflow? I was looking at the Borla and my local shop said they have done both. They claim that a few guys that wanted the Borla have complained it's not loud enough. They are saying to go with the Magnaflow as they think it sounds better.
The magnaflow sounds like shit. Sounds like this shop has some in stock and wants to get rid of them. Borla is 10x better.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

CWBROWN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kinda thought the same thing. I am assuming they are a Magnaflow dealer and get better vendor kick backs. They are installing the Magnaflow on a gen 2 this weekend. I am going to go hear it in person Monday...all in the name of science!

Really like the no drone guarantee on Borla and it does sound better on the YouTube videos.

The magnaflow sounds like shit. Sounds like this shop has some in stock and wants to get rid of them. Borla is 10x better.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kinda thought the same thing. I am assuming they are a Magnaflow dealer and get better vendor kick backs. They are installing the Magnaflow on a gen 2 this weekend. I am going to go hear it in person Monday...all in the name of science!

Really like the no drone guarantee on Borla and it does sound better on the YouTube videos.

Make sure you give us you thoughts on the in person visit. A lot of people are trying to figure out exhausts.

amg55driver

Reaction score
Bringing a dead thread back to life.
so today I installed AWE 2FG "like" system on my 18 Raptor, sounds OK but it was a bit too loud (basically stock resonator + no muffler but x pipe instead). so I have ordered a Magnaflow 3" dual in and 3" dual out muffler and its going on the place of my current x pipe. (from Magnaflow website, 12469 muffler is x flow design, meaning it will be just like how my current system is, but with insulation and packing... and they also have a kit already made #19465, but this seems to replace stock muffler AND stock resonator.

does anyone have this set up (Magnaflow #19465)? and does it remove stock resonator and muffler? or only muffler like Flowmaster system?

https://www.magnaflow.com/products/19465-performance-exhaust-d-fit-muffler-replacement