Lost oil pressure time to find out why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rettags

Reaction score
Dropped off my 2018 with 2,000 miles at the dealership last Tuesday. It was having similar issues. No oil pressure (intermittent), power would cut out under acceleration, check engine light was on. So the dealer called late Tuesday and said the engine was 3.5 quarts low on oil!! And they needed to call Ford to decide the next step. After a couple days the report back is that...

“Apparently they’re having a problem with the pcv hose collecting oil so they have to send me a reengineered valve cover. We also need to check to make sure no damage was caused to the engine.”

Curious if there’s been any news? Same exact issue started today. Swung by dealer and code was oil pressure switch. Then the manager came out and blamed it on being modified. Dropping it off on Tuesday for them to take a better look.

Can you share your dealer name & location too? Would like to tell my dealer others are having the same issue and reference name/location if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MPP

Reaction score
So getting back on topic - what happened to the engine??

My truck’s still at the dealership waiting for the re-engineered valve covers to show up. The dealer says they see no engine damage. I’ll post after it done and hopefully fixed.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
My truck’s still at the dealership waiting for the re-engineered valve covers to show up. The dealer says they see no engine damage. I’ll post after it done and hopefully fixed.

Well where is the oil going. Just filling up the hose? Scary issue I hope they get it figured out for you. Might want to push for an extension on the warranty if you feel there could have been a oil starvation.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is it only a few trucks doing it?

What’s this reimagined valve cover?

My truck has been fine 15+ thousand miles.

rettags

Reaction score
Was just notified I need a new motor. Apparently the oil pressure switch is a known Ford issue and they're "working on a recall". Luckily, Hennessey is covering it under warranty as Ford declined to since there was work done to the truck.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was just notified I need a new motor. Apparently the oil pressure switch is a known Ford issue and they're "working on a recall". Luckily, Hennessey is covering it under warranty as Ford declined to since there was work done to the truck.

So the oil pressure switch was throwing codes? What symptoms did you get from this issue?

Glad you're getting that covered under warranty. Did the engine seize up?

rettags

Reaction score
So the oil pressure switch was throwing codes? What symptoms did you get from this issue?

Glad you're getting that covered under warranty. Did the engine seize up?

Oil pressure light came on. Plenty of oil though. Then a severe loss of power. Also got some odd low rpm noises. Engine didn’t seize and I haven’t gotten the full story from the dealer yet as they were running tests on behalf of HPE. I’ll see if they can provide more detail later this week.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oil pressure light came on. Plenty of oil though. Then a severe loss of power. Also got some odd low rpm noises. Engine didn’t seize and I haven’t gotten the full story from the dealer yet as they were running tests on behalf of HPE. I’ll see if they can provide more detail later this week.

I would like to know what actually caused the loss of oil pressure? I assume there was one since you are saying you need a new engine?