Kooks high flow GREEN catted down pipes installed!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AFE exhaust drones terribly. Downpipes look like the SW as far as quality.

Yeah, great quality on DP. I for one don't care for the combo sound with the Kooks and AFe. It's a delicate combination of parts for the exhaust for sure to get it right.

I am not sure if there is such a thing as opening it up too much.. But for now, my turbo adapters with OEM DP/cats, OEM resonator and Gibson MWA is the ticket.

Will be willing to see what a Kooks or SW DP with hi flow cats will do with my system. Maybe a few other members will get close to something like this.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, great quality on DP. I for one don't care for the combo sound with the Kooks and AFe. It's a delicate combination of parts for the exhaust for sure to get it right.

I am not sure if there is such a thing as opening it up too much.. But for now, my turbo adapters with OEM DP/cats, OEM resonator and Gibson MWA is the ticket.

Will be willing to see what a Kooks or SW DP with hi flow cats will do with my system. Maybe a few other members will get close to something like this.

I just did it, have a thread going a few down. Stock everything with SW catted DP and tune only. Hitting Dyno monday morning.

OP
OP
JimIII@JDM

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
AFE exhaust drones terribly. Downpipes look like the SW as far as quality.

Kooks' Green cats are way ahead of SW quality, I've had so many SW cats blow apart on high power applications.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

All the sound comes from the mufflers, The down pipes just amplify it.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kooks' Green cats are way ahead of SW quality, I've had so many SW cats blow apart on high power applications.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

All the sound comes from the mufflers, The down pipes just amplify it.

No offense Jim but you are a salesman for your brands and no one here is going to have a high power application on a raptor. Maybe 1 or 2 out of thousands. So please don't start this especially when several shops well known and on here don't agree with you.

OP
OP
JimIII@JDM

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No offense Jim but you are a salesman for your brands and no one here is going to have a high power application on a raptor. Maybe 1 or 2 out of thousands. So please don't start this especially when several shops well known and on here don't agree with you.

Having multiple experiences with SW cats failing has nothing to do with selling parts. Thats just facts...I've never had a failure with Kooks GREEN cats, that's a fact. Kooks regular high flow cats we've seen fail too as well as ARH and other brands. The Green cats are the only way to go.

About 2 years we had to repalce the engine in a Roushcharged Gen 1 raptor because the SW cats had come apart and clogged the passenger side exhaust.

We are a dealer for SW....I'm not being one sided

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having multiple experiences with SW cats failing has nothing to do with selling parts. Thats just facts...I've never had a failure with Kooks GREEN cats, that's a fact. Kooks regular high flow cats we've seen fail too as well as ARH and other brands. The Green cats are the only way to go.

About 2 years we had to repalce the engine in a Roushcharged Gen 1 raptor because the SW cats had come apart and clogged the passenger side exhaust.

We are a dealer for SW....I'm not being one sided

Again, there is a small percentage of high output race trucks coming from these ranks. You can say Kooks Green is the only way to go but I've had nothing but trouble from Kooks. Works both ways.

OP
OP
JimIII@JDM

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Again, there is a small percentage of high output race trucks coming from these ranks. You can say Kooks Green is the only way to go but I've had nothing but trouble from Kooks. Works both ways.

We install hundreds of exhaust systems every year we have a pretty well versed background with all brands of Exhausts. Kooks is the best hands down.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We install hundreds of exhaust systems every year we have a pretty well versed background with all brands of Exhausts. Kooks is the best hands down.

Again that is your opinion at JDM and not the opinion of many other reputable shops. We can leave it there.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A well based and non biased opinion with over 20 years of performance experience! I'll leave it there...

Jim, I've been at this a long time and the combined experience of many shops I consult would put you to shame. I'm glad you are doing this it only hurts your business. Have a good day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk