Just Installed Borla Atak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don't get what you don't understand. The engine makes the sound, not the exhaust system. The note that any particular engine makes is based on its size, layout, cylinder count, and firing order. The exhaust system really does very little to change the exhaust note. That's reality. And it's why all these ecoboost trucks sound the same, just with varying levels of noise. It's not opinion. It's fact.

I think it's a great truck overall. Always have. People just need to stop saying that the exhaust note can be fixed by anything other than a V8 swap.

@Truckzor: Wait, weren’t you just saying yesterday how you could leave these threads be?

And fellas, I'm happy to stay out of these threads, just don't say dumb shit or spread fake news.

:biggrin:

I don’t see anyone saying stupid $hit or fake news... Actually, I’m pretty sure most people here realize the sound isn’t going to change much. Your point about the engine being the source of the sound is solid, however, I think that the video evidence posted by several users shows that the sound is dramatically changed with some aftermarket exhausts. Note I’m not saying improved, just changed. This one, Guy’s former system and the Corsa all dramatically alter the sound quality. It’s safe to say, it does not “sound like a v8” because you are not going to make the exhaust on a 213 cubic inch 6 cylinder sound like a v8 with over 100 more cubic inches of displacement.

bold text above is truth.

You’ve referred to ‘fixing’ the exhaust. The thing is, fixing it is subjective and as proven right here in this very thread, @Sungod661 is perfectly happy with the Borla. It’s his/her money, so I say “Go forth and frighten the Priussies”!

You however seem to have a pretty serious interest in this topic. I’m not going to cr@p on the exhaust choices herein, but from @Guy’s previous experience, I’m probably going to leave the cat back well enough alone.

anyway. It’s National Mojito day and Mojitos don’t make themselves...