Just Installed Borla Atak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's clear that Borla makes a great exhaust system. Their systems all use 304 Stainless Steel and they guarantee them for 1,000,000 miles. High quality products and engineering. None better.

And it's clear that their ATAK exhaust is really loud. It sounds great but for many it's far too loud.

Their S-Type is a great option.

And their Touring Exhaust will be a great and likely more popular choice for many.

You can't go wrong with Borla!

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
It is the sound QUALITY that kills Borla. The offer the same muffler in a few versions. They way the do their air flow is very fitting for some engines, but the ecoboost v6 awful sound is amplified through their muffler.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is the sound QUALITY that kills Borla. The offer the same muffler in a few versions. They way the do their air flow is very fitting for some engines, but the ecoboost v6 awful sound is amplified through their muffler.

You're a know-nothing hater who stinks this place up like a full diaper in a closet.

**** of here - your constant attacks and hateraid makes you out to be a complete fool

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have the Atak and it's a love hate relationship. In efforts to make it a more love and less hate I'm going to be dropping 2x 3in/out resonators between the X-pipe and Mufflers to try and take it down just a bit on the raspyness and the exhaust note while cruising at 80mph. Guess we will see how it sounds after these go in. Should be done by Monday I hope. Stay tuned!

NJStangersJonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's clear that Borla makes a great exhaust system. Their systems all use 304 Stainless Steel and they guarantee them for 1,000,000 miles. High quality products and engineering. None better.

And it's clear that their ATAK exhaust is really loud. It sounds great but for many it's far too loud.

Their S-Type is a great option.

And their Touring Exhaust will be a great and likely more popular choice for many.

You can't go wrong with Borla!

I agree with you. The Touring will be popular. While the Ford Touring is somewhat different it is the #1 requested catback from us.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have the Atak and it's a love hate relationship. In efforts to make it a more love and less hate I'm going to be dropping 2x 3in/out resonators between the X-pipe and Mufflers to try and take it down just a bit on the raspyness and the exhaust note while cruising at 80mph. Guess we will see how it sounds after these go in. Should be done by Monday I hope. Stay tuned!

@dillard09

Did you ever do this? What do you think? I'm now starting to think I'm going to play with a combination of the Borla X Pipe and Ford rear section or vice versa. Hoping to tone down the harshness a little.

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
@dillard09

Did you ever do this? What do you think? I'm now starting to think I'm going to play with a combination of the Borla X Pipe and Ford rear section or vice versa. Hoping to tone down the harshness a little.

Flowmaster. That is the only solution to remove the harshness

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@dillard09

Yes I did do it. I have to say that now I love it. It is loud when you mash the skinny but on the highway it is quite. If I turn the radio off I can barely hear it. I feel now that it's exactly the way it should have sounded to start with when I bought it. I knew it was going to be loud but it was definitely too much. Now it is where I want it.