Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]

Just Installed Borla Atak

This is a discussion on Just Installed Borla Atak within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
I dont think on a stock set up you will see any type Of significant gains. You will need a ...

User Tag List

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2017, 12:47 PM   #101 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
I dont think on a stock set up you will see any type
Of significant gains. You will need a CAI, Tune and new exhaust to benefit from the adpters. More air flow = more Hp but not if it is being restricted somewhere else I.e Ecm or stock exhaust set up with resonator

Sungod661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:12 PM   #102 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Jolly89 View Post
where did you get it for $950?
I know the owner over there, he's got a Raptor too! There's one Satin Polished Tips cat-back in-stock and ready to ship out today.

The only thing to note is that these CORSA cat-backs are not CARB approved so they can't be shipped to California.

www.NJSEOs.com - Raptor Performance Parts
NJStangersJonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:59 PM   #103 (permalink)

Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
Ya justbolton are great to deal with i have only positive to say about them and best price on the net , they dont charge the usual "RAPTOR" tax
Old 07-20-2017, 06:08 PM   #104 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by NJStangersJonathan View Post
I know the owner over there, he's got a Raptor too! There's one Satin Polished Tips cat-back in-stock and ready to ship out today.

The only thing to note is that these CORSA cat-backs are not CARB approved so they can't be shipped to California.
Thank you i will check them out
Jolly89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:38 PM   #105 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Sungod661 View Post
Holy crap i just installed the Borla Atak on My 2017 it is ridiculous loud. Lol the neighbours will not be happy. Something to consider if you are thinking of buying the atak it is crazy loud. I think Borla solved the sound problem of the V6 , just the looks of people when i open her up is enough for mw to tell you the sound problem has been solved.

I will do a cold start tomorrow and film it , i cant believe how loud it is . Great upgrade in my opinion should have come from ford like this
I have the ATAK on my grand cherokee srt. My girlfriend says she can hear me 3 blocks away. Considering getting them for my 2018 thats on order. Wont be quite the same but still.
Attached Thumbnails
conor.jpg  
CaptainInterwebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:35 PM   #106 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by CaptainInterwebs View Post
I have the ATAK on my grand cherokee srt. My girlfriend says she can hear me 3 blocks away. Considering getting them for my 2018 thats on order. Wont be quite the same but still.
I had the Borla s on my srt and it's not the same. Loud and great sounding vs Honda fart can sound is not the same. There are only small areas in the RpM range that sound good with the ECo boost. The V8 srt 392 just sounds like a beast and people complimented me all the time how deep and awesome it sounded.
Wizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:09 PM   #107 (permalink)

Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
I think we have all agreed the v8 sounds better. The atak makes the ecoboost sound better . Actually it makes the ecoboost sound alot better but it will never be as good as the v8 which is the best sounding engine. That being said for me the ecoboost with the atk is a great sound
Old 07-28-2017, 12:22 AM   #108 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I think we have all agreed the v8 sounds better. The atak makes the ecoboost sound better . Actually it makes the ecoboost sound alot better but it will never be as good as the v8 which is the best sounding engine. That being said for me the ecoboost with the atk is a great sound
I'm not sure about that, a flat 6 Porsche race motor is pretty damn impressive. Some others would say a Ferrari flat 12 is the best sounding motor. A big block V8 also sounds damn good. So I wouldn't say it's the best sound that's subjective, all good just different.
WhatExit? likes this.
RUFdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 01:08 AM   #109 (permalink)
Banned

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

No, we have agreed countless times that these aftermarket exhausts make these ecoboosts sound stupid and silly.
Sasquatch77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 01:24 AM   #110 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Sasquatch77 View Post
No, we have agreed countless times that these aftermarket exhausts make these ecoboosts sound stupid and silly.

No we all agreed countless times that Sasquatch77 is stupid and silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
K1llD4shN1n3 is offline   Reply With Quote