Just Installed Borla Atak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sungod661

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where did you get it for $950?

Justbolton.com

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

Spd adaptors you should get directly from spd and make sure you but the installation kit , it is a total bitch to install took me and my friend 4 hours. I dyno'ed my truck after the spd and it showed little difference in hp. However i am certain with a tune ( hopefully soon from ford performance ) it will show big numbers

Jolly89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, i appreciate it.

Ya I just looked at their website. Do you think the spd adapters void any warranties?

Last edited:

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Justbolton.com

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

Spd adaptors you should get directly from spd and make sure you but the installation kit , it is a total bitch to install took me and my friend 4 hours. I dyno'ed my truck after the spd and it showed little difference in hp. However i am certain with a tune ( hopefully soon from ford performance ) it will show big numbers

Thanks, I think I'm going to have a pile of part sitting here before I get my truck.

OP
OP
Sungod661

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, i appreciate it.

Ya I just looked at their website. Do you think the spd adapters void any warranties?

I would guess they do but they would have to prove that the adpters caused whatever failure was caused. I dont think the adapters could cause any real damage to anything other then your turbo itself. All it does is allow more air in, i would not recommend them on a stock system because you need more flow throughout the entire system.

If you plan on getting a tune then porting the turbos would make sense the added air flow will only add to the hp. In my opinion you dont want tonget caught up chasing HP too much because you still want the nice driveability of the raptor. I would be more then happy with another 90hp i know i can push it to 600hp but i am mot sure the vehicle is made (long term) to withstand the stress of producing high number torques and ho. My Raptor ia also my daily driver . The exhaust was a Must for me cause of the crappy stock sound , the adapters, CAI and a tune will give me a little bit more hp to play with ;)

Last edited:

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would guess they do but they would have to prove that the adpters caused whatever failure was caused.

Except this is not how it works in the real world

Let's say you get a service manager on a bad day, he sees your mods and flags the system to void your powertrain warranty going forward

Ford/dealership doesn't have to prove anything, you can't force them to work on your truck - they will simply refuse to do the work

You then have to spend money with another shop and lawyers to prove that the mods didn't cause the issue - the onus is on you to prove it, not them

OP
OP
Sungod661

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the above statement however , the question was specifically related to the spd adapters , you cant see the adapters have been added unless. You actually take
Apart the turbo. The Atak and S type from Borla are ok to add i contacted Ford and they said installing either would not void the warranty.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with the above statement however , the question was specifically related to the spd adapters , you cant see the adapters have been added unless. You actually take
Apart the turbo. The Atak and S type from Borla are ok to add i contacted Ford and they said installing either would not void the warranty.

they are engraved SPD on the side of the flange

OP
OP
Sungod661

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that but unless the mechanic is specifically looking at the turbos i doubt he will notice.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know that but unless the mechanic is specifically looking at the turbos i doubt he will notice.

Before anyone even bothers it would be spectacular if someone actually showed dyno runs on a raptor with clear indication that it does anything.

The limited data we have isn't overly convincing to make it worth all the labor.