Just installed 5Star and have question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am just a little panicky since I was worried about flashing my $80k truck...I got the Ngauge tuner and did it all very, very slowly.

So I plugged in the NGauge after I received my tunes back and noticed that all my chimes sound very loud/different. Chimes for when you open the door or turn the truck on, seatbelt and back up sensors....

Anyone hear what I do?

By the way I only got a chance to run up and down the street one time and it feels stupid fast right now...bananas!! This is with 93 performance loaded up right now

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I am just a little panicky since I was worried about flashing my $80k truck...I got the Ngauge tuner and did it all very, very slowly.

So I plugged in the NGauge after I received my tunes back and noticed that all my chimes sound very loud/different. Chimes for when you open the door or turn the truck on, seatbelt and back up sensors....

Anyone hear what I do?

By the way I only got a chance to run up and down the street one time and it feels stupid fast right now...bananas!! This is with 93 performance loaded up right now

The only thing I noticed was your last paragraph.

I flashed back to 93 city though because it behaves better as a truck... and if you switch into sport mode it's aggressive enough for playing around.

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't help you on the chimes but would like to hear your review of the tunes after you drive it for a few days

Red2alpha

Reaction score
The only thing I noticed was your last paragraph.

I flashed back to 93 city though because it behaves better as a truck... and if you switch into sport mode it's aggressive enough for playing around.
When ever I flashed my GT500, it put a good drain on battery and my chimes sound muffled. After starting it and letting it run the chimes returned to normal level after turning off.

OP
OP
Wizo

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok.... so here goes a little update

Started with 93 performance tune and was wowed how much better the acceleration felt. It did feel a little weird as it comes on progressively and not all up front. The shifts are a little hard and I was always in the higher end of the rpms. Flick to sport more and it's a little much but not overwhelming. I also felt that for some reason I was damaging the turbos - could not hear them much.
The issues I was having was that at traffic lights and full stops the truck would shudder - almost like it wanted to auto stop but couldn't(short of stalling).

They sent me another tune that was supposed to help me me that and actually sent me a tune from a ecoboost that was not a raptor. Truck felt like stock and I was not happy. I called them and told them what happened. Jacob realized that they sent me a tune for a regular f150 and not the raptor. Wow it's slow back in stock format!!
They sent me the right one this am and it's much better. No shuddering plus its fast again. No more dtc codes either.

Long story short - before you consider exhausts for your truck, get a good programmer. By far the best performance bang for your buck.

Last edited: