Just fixed the full race intercooler on my raptor 2017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ahmad6557

Reaction score
Hi I have just fixed the full race intercooler on my raptor 2017 .. faced a lot of issues .. check engine light .. because of the shutter .. finally I have fixed it all .. however I'm testing it right now .. after rpm 4 the car starts to loose power suddenly .. I have no idea why .. can someone expert with turbo and intercooler experience help me with this issue ..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Hi I have just fixed the full race intercooler on my raptor 2017 .. faced a lot of issues .. check engine light .. because of the shutter .. finally I have fixed it all .. however I'm testing it right now .. after rpm 4 the car starts to loose power suddenly .. I have no idea why .. can someone expert with turbo and intercooler experience help me with this issue ..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If you are losing power at about 4000 RPM's you likely have a boost leak. Check all your clamps and connections. Watch your boost gauge and see if the pressure is dropping off.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
You know...

This dude really is a troll.

He changed out the entire intercooler. The comment you made just sounded really strange.

Do you read these posts to try to stir up trouble?

It's ashame.

The intercooler is the culprit. Many of these aftermarket units retain the outlet down low on the cooler. There are a select few that are smart and mount it higher. This is from all the years of the ecoboost f150 guys figuring it out. Condensate buildup will be a problem on your new Raptors.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The intercooler is the culprit. Many of these aftermarket units retain the outlet down low on the cooler. There are a select few that are smart and mount it higher. This is from all the years of the ecoboost f150 guys figuring it out. Condensate buildup will be a problem on your new Raptors.
Ahh yes...

And the cure is a weep hole!

I'm curious... do you own a gen 2 raptor? Why do you keep posting in a forum for a truck you don't own?

It confuses me. Maybe I should go post in the Ferrari forums because while I don't own one... it would be cool if I did!

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting that the shutter / misfire is now happening on these.......

I didn't read anywhere in his post that he was experiencing shutter or misfire's...I see it now!?!? However, it Sounded to me like he is now losing power suddenly at 4,000 RPM. Seems strange you interpreted what he said to be related to a condensation issue...like guy said, move over to the fiat forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

schmeal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta do a boost leak test.

I don't own a gen 2 raptor, but I do own a gen 1 ecoboost with a full race intercooler, and a 300zx twin turbo with parallel intercoolers. Anytime I change anything in the charge pipe system I check for boost leaks.

I plug both ends of the charge piping with pvc plugs from the home depot, then pressurize with ~5 psi from my air compressor. Then use spray bottle with soapy water to spray your couplers and look for hissing and bubbles. Hope this helps.

BBQPorkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has to be a boost leak...no trolling here I've been around turbo setups for years and never heard of a full race intercooler? Does it have **** spray or something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts