Intake Options for the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tune, downpipe with no cats...you will get minimum to no gains with an aftermarket exhaust vs stock. The stock exhaust is very free flowing.

FYI high flow cats are garbage dont waste your money on them. You will be lucky to pick up 1hp if any at all and they quality of them are junk. Aftermarket cats only need to have a 1 year warranty...your OEM Cats have a 8 year 100k mile warranty.

That's all great but no cats and your wife will smell like race fumes on your way out on a date. Been there and done that. I'll take hi flow cats over no cats any day of the week. That said, if you want to squeeze every once of power you should go no cats and suck up the stinky exhaust issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's all great but no cats and your wife will smell like race fumes on your way out on a date. Been there and done that. I'll take hi flow cats over no cats any day of the week. That said, if you want to squeeze every once of power you should go no cats and suck up the stinky exhaust issue.

I stick with stock cats because stock vs high flow the power difference is not noticeable on a 5500lb truck. Plus high flow cats are 30 year cat technology and will be lucky to last 40k miles before there junk and start throwing CELs. If I truly wanted most performance catless is best, but Im with you and dont want the smell.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stick with stock cats because stock vs high flow the power difference is not noticeable on a 5500lb truck. Plus high flow cats are 30 year cat technology and will be lucky to last 40k miles before there junk and start throwing CELs. If I truly wanted most performance catless is best, but Im with you and dont want the smell.

Mine have less than 300 miles an throw codes..you do the same as with no cats, turn it off. But the only options we have are hi flow or no so hi flow it was.