Intake Options for the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darkneo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know...I know... intakes don't do much. But I just love the increased intake noise they provide.

If you are running an intake, which did you get? How do you like it?

The options I currently see are AFE, Roush and S&B, anything else out there?

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The stage2 from aFe looks insane, probably will be the best all around.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After talking with several individuals who know more about this stuff than I do, their recommendation was to not spend money on something that would lessen the filtration and provide little other than aesthetic value. Indeed they said it may do more harm than good, because it changes the balance of airflow and exhaust etc.

I think I'll skip putting one on my truck.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After talking with several individuals who know more about this stuff than I do, their recommendation was to not spend money on something that would lessen the filtration and provide little other than aesthetic value. Indeed they said it may do more harm than good, because it changes the balance of airflow and exhaust etc.

I think I'll skip putting one on my truck.

Show them this and tell them I said "hi" :)

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Show them this and tell them I said "hi" :)

I don't see anything on that link that shows any performance gains or that ensures that it maintains the factory level of filtration.

"Flow Efficiency" is about it's capability to flow more not that it will actually flow more on the vehicle or that has more filtration capacity. Show me dyno results and ISO filtration testing results and then it might be worth considering. Until then, that's just some $900 engine jewelry that may or may not let dust and dirt into your engine.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't see anything on that link that shows any performance gains or that ensures that it maintains the factory level of filtration.

"Flow Efficiency" is about it's capability to flow more not that it will actually flow more on the vehicle or that has more filtration capacity. Show me dyno results and ISO filtration testing results and then it might be worth considering. Until then, that's just some $900 engine jewelry that may or may not let dust and dirt into your engine.
You might be right, let's see when it's released.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk