Installed oil catch can Day 1 of delivery...1500 miles later...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhaynes772

Reaction score
So, I installed an oil catch can on my truck the day I took delivery. Im going to change the oil soon but wanted to see if the catch can had anything in it. Here's a pic I took from draining it into a 28 FL OZ gatorade bottle.

***Cue Sasquatch with weep hole fix in 3...2...1...***

*No idea why the photos keep loading sideways*

Attachments

• IMG_2388.JPG.jpg
    IMG_2388.JPG.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_2389.JPG.jpg
    IMG_2389.JPG.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 151

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
So, I installed an oil catch can on my truck the day I took delivery. Im going to change the oil soon but wanted to see if the catch can had anything in it. Here's a pic I took from draining it into a 28 FL OZ gatorade bottle.

The weep hole addresses an entirely different problem. The catch can removes oil vapor pre-intercooler. The weep hole removes condensate produced in the intercooler and prevents it from blowing out spark. Each addresses entirely different issues on the ecoboost.

OP
OP
M

mhaynes772

Reaction score
How aggressively do you use the throttle?

Pretty aggressive. I'm a believer of break it in like you drive it ha. I did have a 500 mile drive home on the interstate when I picked it up, so that was all interstate speed and consistent RPM's. But now that I'm home, its city driving. And I've taken a lot of friend for rides, and I drive it pretty aggressively then too.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks for sharing. Been waiting for others to post to see if I should consider installing one of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty aggressive. I'm a believer of break it in like you drive it ha. I did have a 500 mile drive home on the interstate when I picked it up, so that was all interstate speed and consistent RPM's. But now that I'm home, its city driving. And I've taken a lot of friend for rides, and I drive it pretty aggressively then too.

Right on. I asked because, as I'm sure you're aware, the harder you drive 'em, the more likely you are to get excessive crankcase pressure pushing oil mist through the PCV system.

In all honesty, this is something that is likely to improve as the rings seat, etc...

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thats really not bad at all for 1500 miles of aggressive driving. you can totally just empty it every oil change.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

what catch can did you install ?
pic's sideways and upside down are due to iphone or droid camera "live" function. you either have to disable live function or edit the photo in camera hit copy and it disables live mode

OP
OP
M

mhaynes772

Reaction score

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't want that stuff mucking up the intake valves in a primarily direct injected engine.

Cheap insurance to run the catch can(s).