Installed my Borla S and first impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know why people keep saying that. It's clearly been stated borla builds the ford designed ford aftermarket exhaust in touring and sport. Borla also has their own S and Atak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cause people spew constant stupidness without knowing their ass from their elbows

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know why people keep saying that. It's clearly been stated borla builds the ford designed ford aftermarket exhaust in touring and sport. Borla also has their own S and Atak.

I think you're confusing exhausts, let's do this ... there are 5 versions

Tenneco = bone stock off the assembly line exhaust

joint venture Borla = both Ford Performance exhausts with resonators (touring, sport) were designed by Ford but built by Borla

solo Borla = S type and ATAK; were designed by Borla and built by Borla

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you're confusing exhausts, let's do this ... there are 5 versions

Tenneco = bone stock off the assembly line exhaust

joint venture Borla = both Ford Performance exhausts with resonators (touring, sport) were designed by Ford but built by Borla

solo Borla = S type and ATAK; were designed by Borla and built by Borla

I'm not confused at all lol

stock

ford designed exhaust touring and sport although built by borla

borla atak and S

Really quite simple.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score

because people dont have a clue what there talking about...thats why...BORLA DOESNT MANUFACTURE THE STOCK OEM EXHAUST THAT COMES ON THE 17 raptor...I have seen the production exhaust ran down the line and its not Borla.

Borla is an aftermarket exhaust manufacture, they dont build OEM quality exhaust...

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

I'm not confused at all lol

stock

ford designed exhaust touring and sport although built by borla

borla atak and S

Really quite simple.

WRONG....OEM is Tenneco.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
because people dont have a clue what there talking about...thats why...BORLA DOESNT MANUFACTURE THE STOCK OEM EXHAUST THAT COMES ON THE 17 raptor...I have seen the production exhaust ran down the line and its not Borla.

Borla is an aftermarket exhaust manufacture, they dont build OEM quality exhaust...

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

WRONG....OEM is Tenneco.

Holy cow, can you people not read? All i said was stock, meaning stock, it is 1 of 5. I didn't say Borla lol. Wow

D-Dub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Borla and FOMOCO Exhaust.

Guy - follow my war and peace post here. I am not trying to be a sharpshooter here... the reason I was asking, although it is a tad bit late for me... you are right, I’m not following you, the reason is, before I bought my Ford Performance (FP) exhaust, I called Matt at FP. Other then the stock exhaust, the ATAK and the S-Type were the only FP exhausts available. I only bought just the center section because the tailpipes were not out yet. Now I am reading there are two more FOMOCO exhausts (not designed by Borla, only built by Borla) a touring and sport edition. Here is where it went south for me in following you, and why I asked for the FOMOCO part number. When I checked the Ford website before I bought the S-Type, it indicated the ATAK was the touring exhaust and the S-Type was the sport exhaust. There was never any mention about a FOMOCO touring and sport exhaust or part number... only the two Borla systems, the other thing that is throwing me off, is if you order the S-type or ATAK through FP and have Ford install it, the exhaust will be covered under the factory warranty, because they are FP exhausts. Riddle me that one Batman! After what I just went through with Ford Warranty dening my claim because both rear taillights developed internal stress cracks and glue separation in the same location on both lights... the warranty division gave me three different versions as to why they denied the claim... the first denial reason, was I “improperly” removed the right taillight which was totally laughable... but I never removed the left... so they came up with another reason for denial... even though cracks were evident, there was no condensation inside the taillight, so there was no reason to replace them because it was not considered defective.... the third reason, was the icing on the cake... the cracks could not be attributed to a fitment issue because the brand new Raptors on the dealers lot did not show any cracks. Even Matt at FP, thought that was not right... so I paid for a new right taillight because it actually broke at the front lower corner. No, I did not pry it out, I removed the two 8mm screws holding it in place, and pulled straight back and it popped out, unfortunately, that corner came off in my hand. Funny thing was, after I put it back on, without that small broken piece, the light fit better. The gap was equal all the way around the light. So with regard to the exhausts, I am at a loss, because there are different stories being given... Bottom line is I’m just glad I got a Borla system... at least I can trust them!

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I can say is...
Those jerks...

But truly my friend.... there are 4 different Borla made exhaust as of July 22 2017.

S type and ATAK BORLA BUILT AND DESIGNED

FOMOCO Ford Performance by Borla SPORT AND TOURING.

Bottom line according to Borla is that their design is louder with a more aggressive sound and there is exhaust noise in the cab at higher RPM and during acceleration. Call it drone. Call it noise. Doesn't matter. You won't hear it cruising until you get over 75mph so they designed the resonance above most driving speeds. They did a nice job.

For people who don't want to hear a lot of exhaust sound in the cab... FOMOCO is the better option. The Ford Performance sport edition is what Borla described to me as the equivalent of what would have been their TOURING design had they built it. The Ford performance touring edition is just even more mellow.... one notch above stock. All 4 make 12 horsepower. Borla is able to achieve this by using a passive 3 inch exhaust valve in the ford performance systems... so when you stomp it... it's straight through

Guy - follow my war and peace post here. I am not trying to be a sharpshooter here... the reason I was asking, although it is a tad bit late for me... you are right, I’m not following you, the reason is, before I bought my Ford Performance (FP) exhaust, I called Matt at FP. Other then the stock exhaust, the ATAK and the S-Type were the only FP exhausts available. I only bought just the center section because the tailpipes were not out yet. Now I am reading there are two more FOMOCO exhausts (not designed by Borla, only built by Borla) a touring and sport edition. Here is where it went south for me in following you, and why I asked for the FOMOCO part number. When I checked the Ford website before I bought the S-Type, it indicated the ATAK was the touring exhaust and the S-Type was the sport exhaust. There was never any mention about a FOMOCO touring and sport exhaust or part number... only the two Borla systems, the other thing that is throwing me off, is if you order the S-type or ATAK through FP and have Ford install it, the exhaust will be covered under the factory warranty, because they are FP exhausts. Riddle me that one Batman! After what I just went through with Ford Warranty dening my claim because both rear taillights developed internal stress cracks and glue separation in the same location on both lights... the warranty division gave me three different versions as to why they denied the claim... the first denial reason, was I “improperly” removed the right taillight which was totally laughable... but I never removed the left... so they came up with another reason for denial... even though cracks were evident, there was no condensation inside the taillight, so there was no reason to replace them because it was not considered defective.... the third reason, was the icing on the cake... the cracks could not be attributed to a fitment issue because the brand new Raptors on the dealers lot did not show any cracks. Even Matt at FP, thought that was not right... so I paid for a new right taillight because it actually broke at the front lower corner. No, I did not pry it out, I removed the two 8mm screws holding it in place, and pulled straight back and it popped out, unfortunately, that corner came off in my hand. Funny thing was, after I put it back on, without that small broken piece, the light fit better. The gap was equal all the way around the light. So with regard to the exhausts, I am at a loss, because there are different stories being given... Bottom line is I’m just glad I got a Borla system... at least I can trust them!

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I can say is...

Those jerks...

But truly my friend.... there are 4 different Borla made exhaust as of July 22 2017.

S type and ATAK BORLA BUILT AND DESIGNED

FOMOCO Ford Performance by Borla SPORT AND TOURING.

Bottom line according to Borla is that their design is louder with a more aggressive sound and there is exhaust noise in the cab at higher RPM and during acceleration. Call it drone. Call it noise. Doesn't matter. You won't hear it cruising until you get over 75mph so they designed the resonance above most driving speeds. They did a nice job.

For people who don't want to hear a lot of exhaust sound in the cab... FOMOCO is the better option. The Ford Performance sport edition is what Borla described to me as the equivalent of what would have been their TOURING design had they built it. The Ford performance touring edition is just even more mellow.... one notch above stock. All 4 make 12 horsepower. Borla is able to achieve this by using a passive 3 inch exhaust valve in the ford performance systems... so when you stomp it... it's straight through

When are you installing your FOMOCO Touring? Can't wait to hear it.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When are you installing your FOMOCO Touring? Can't wait to hear it.

I am on the schedule for Monday.

It'll be paired with an AFE CAI and a 5 star tune.

That may slightly alter the sound. I honestly don't know if it's the exhaust I'm looking so we will find out. If I've been duped again and hear it droning in the cab on the highway I'm going to be very disappointed.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am on the schedule for Monday.

It'll be paired with an AFE CAI and a 5 star tune.

That may slightly alter the sound. I honestly don't know if it's the exhaust I'm looking so we will find out. If I've been duped again and hear it droning in the cab on the highway I'm going to be very disappointed.

Can't wait to hear it, I'm waiting on yours to make my decision. I am hitting the dyno Monday morning I have downpipes and 5 star only. Will see what number come with it and add 1 power adder and re dyno. I want to make a good log of the actual number for add ons.