Installed a Magnaflow cat back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a used system and installed it Friday- it sounds awesome. Totally different from the videos of people blipping the throttle or driving by/ away.
It sounds a ton deeper- what I imagine a GT sounds like. No drone and probably 50lbs of weight savings. 5” Black tips look great too.

Really happy with this mod. Don’t believe what you hear online.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you post some pictures of your system and a video clip of the sound?

I know it is hard to represent what you hear using your phone to record, but it might help some of us on the fence about what system to choose.

I have a true-dual Magna Flow setup on my 6.2L Gen 1 and I love the sound. I was not considering MF for my Gen 2 because I have not heard a clip which sounds good enough to try.

OP
OP
C

Carnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would but none of the clips I heard sound anything similiar in reality. It sounds deep and nice and I’m confident it won’t sound the same on the video. I’ll go through the effort just to read people saying it sounds like crap. It doesn’t.

Best bet would be to find local owners with the system your interested installed.

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I listened to the online videos, first exhaust I thought sounded better than stock. How is it at start up

ameration

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any drone while driving? I had a Magnaflow on a past F-150 and the drone at highway speeds was horrible.

OP
OP
C

Carnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do get a touch of drone at 80mph, none before or after. Sounds like a V8 at start. Deep rumble.