I'll just leave this here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Direct injection only engines obviously do not flow gas over the intake valves. The low pressure port injection will flow gas through the valves and allow the detergents to keep the intake valves clean on the new EcoBoost engines. Several manufacturers are switching to both direct injection and port injection for this reason (it also allows them to be more flexible with fuel economy when they control direct vs. port injection). This is a well documented issue with Volkswagen Group engines. Intake valve cleaning is a common practice in the VW world and just a fact of life. Suggesting the replacement of the heads due to dirty valves is just crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't heard even heard of any Gen1 3.5 Ecoboosts (without port fuel injectio) having that issue yet and I spend endless hours on a few F150 forums. One guy on Ecoboost.net put 317,000 on his 2011 didn't have that problem, another has 280k miles.
The guy that made that fear mongering video mentions a 2.0 Ecoboost that had that problem but no mention of a 3.5.

Keep grasping at straws V6 haters. :win:

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
why don't auto manufacturers create an oil catch can that just drains back to the oilpan when the car shuts down?
create a separator to pull out the junk, and return the good oil to the pan

hmm - maybe a good invention :)

Last edited:

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why don't auto manufacturers create an oil catch can that just drains back to the oilpan when the car shuts down?
create a separator to pull out the junk, and return the good oil to the pan

hmm - maybe a good invention :)

They do. Used one on my built suby back in the day.