GEN 2 Idle/ RPM problem truck shuddering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2012 ecoboost. Inside the intake tubing are two "vortex generators" Ford put them in their to reduce turbo intake noise. I had stuttering problems at idle too. I removed them and never had the issue again. I don't know if they are on the GEN 2 raptors, but it's worth a try.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a 2012 ecoboost. Inside the intake tubing are two "vortex generators" Ford put them in their to reduce turbo intake noise. I had stuttering problems at idle too. I removed them and never had the issue again. I don't know if they are on the GEN 2 raptors, but it's worth a try.
They are.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should really try enabling the auto start stop again.....[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm guessing here but using different octanes and the octane boost causing all sorts of senor inputs and auto adjustments. Guessing you went from 86 to 93 then to adding boost and fuel strategies are now searching and adjusting? Try and run the gas you have now, out of the tank and refill with whatever gas you used before the issue arrised? Give it two tanks and a battery reset? Wouldn't hurt to try. Whatever you hear, try not to drill a weep hole.

OP
OP
dinoone

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well dealer trip was a complete bust....

Tech basically didn't want to mess with it told service advisor truck is modified its not going to run right....LOL

Anyway found another dealer that's going to reprogram truck as built and see what happens from there.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well dealer trip was a complete bust....

Tech basically didn't want to mess with it told service advisor truck is modified its not going to run right....LOL

Anyway found another dealer that's going to reprogram truck as built and see what happens from there.
What an *******. My dealer was amazing. They disconnected my Boostmax and reprogrammed the ECU. All is good now... They suggested I don't run it for 500 miles and get back to them AND they didn't charge me for the service.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dinoone

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well we have it narrowed down its the AC compresser when the AC is off Idle is fine no shutter. I live in New Orleans so no AC is not an option anyone have experience with this and what needs to be done