GEN 2 Idle/ RPM problem truck shuddering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Dino, it’s a stretch, but you were an early pedal commander adopter, have you tried pulling the P/C / battery disconnect for about 10 minutes, reconnect and retest?

OP
OP
dinoone

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its doing it stock.

I'm going to uplug and disconnect battery today.

Dino, it’s a stretch, but you were an early pedal commander adopter, have you tried pulling the P/C / battery disconnect for about 10 minutes, reconnect and retest?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I have read that the BRT (Battery Reset Technique) takes longer than that. Not sure about the minimum time necessary, but when I do it I leave the battery disconnected overnight. There's no guesswork about whether it was long enough then!

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I have read that the BRT (Battery Reset Technique) takes longer than that. Not sure about the minimum time necessary, but when I do it I leave the battery disconnected overnight. There's no guesswork about whether it was long enough then!

16-20 minutes.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a tuner and adjust the Idle While in Drive RPM up to where it idles in Neutral/Park.

Same issue on my 12' 3.5L Lariat. I noticed this a few times and finally started shifting into Neutral at long lights/stop signs and doing so noticed the RPM gauge jump a touch like maybe 50-100 RPM.
Had it to the dealer a number of times for the issue, told me it was normal, all other trucks did it...yep wife's 13 Platinum 3.5L, now16 Platinum 3.5L do it as well. they even took me in a test drive on a few others and I'd notice it.

Didn't like the 'normal' response so got the tuner and increased rpm while in drive and problem gone. Can't recall exactly how much I increased it but it was around 100 RPM from memory. Trucks at other house or I'd go check.

Maybe the dealer would be willing to increase that for you, but unlikely based on my experience.

Last edited:

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are catching on. The condensate is going to create problems for you guys.

Your response timing was perfect!!!! I was told to wait for it, which I did, and you delivered. I am laughing my a$$ off. I frequently get irritated with the nonsense on here, but this exchange made me laugh. This site is very informative, but equally ridiculous. I almost had condensate coming out of my weep holes.

OP
OP
dinoone

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the battery reset, no change. Going to clean TB and MAF Sensor