I hate the exhaust...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So..traded in my 2013 for a 2017 today!

Love everything..but I hate the exhaust note... sounds like a civic or something...

What are you guys doing to improve it?

On my 2013 Rap.. I bought a magnapack (14419 ) and swapped out that big stock resonator.. cheap and sounded just right..

Anyone found a solution like this?

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think there are many aftermarket systems yet, but might try a flow master/magnaflow/borla muffler to see how it works. Just have to wait for my truck to show up.

OP
OP
sniperm

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think there are many aftermarket systems yet, but might try a flow master/magnaflow/borla muffler to see how it works. Just have to wait for my truck to show up.

Can't wait!

I got lucky today.. someone backed out on a order.. So, I traded my 2013 today..

I haven't been active on the forums..or on the modding things..

Have No clue.. but want something like the eco raptor that a company made couple years ago.. Keep us updated on any mods.

Thanx!

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magnaflow has a catback out already. Available in polished stainless and satin black.
Dual 3" piping and 5" tips. I have no idea what it sounds like though.

I think most of you that are seriously bothered by the noise the stock truck makes will not be satisfied by anything the aftermarket can do. The big American V8 sound is integral to what makes up your construct of a "truck". I've seen this phenomena recently at a Porsche track day when all the old guys were put off by the new Boxster/Cayman primarily due to the sound of the new 4-cylinder powerplant.

Maybe once these trucks are cranking out 650bhp on stock internals, you might start to embrace it.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Magnaflow has a catback out already. Available in polished stainless and satin black.

I think most of you that are seriously bothered by the noise the stock truck makes will not be satisfied by anything the aftermarket can do. The big American V8 sound is integral to what makes up your construct of a "truck". I've seen this phenomena recently at a Porsche track day when all the old guys were put off by the new Boxster/Cayman primarily due to the sound of the new 4-cylinder powerplant.

Maybe once these trucks are cranking out 650bhp on stock internals, you might start to embrace it.
You are correct on that, I grew up listening to the sweet sound of pushrod V8's. I love the gen2 except for the exhaust note and I don't think I could live with it. I'll stay loud and proud in the right lane! Lol

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You're bang on there. I've got two V8's in the garage, but I still enjoy the sound of the new Ecoboost.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You won't get the turbo V6 in the Raptor to ever sound good no matter what combination of pipes and mufflers you stick on there. You could always go back to a Gen 1 and put a blower on it. Then you'd have something that sounds good and will smoke a turbo V6 as well.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't wait!

I got lucky today.. someone backed out on a order.. So, I traded my 2013 today..

I haven't been active on the forums..or on the modding things..

Have No clue.. but want something like the eco raptor that a company made couple years ago.. Keep us updated on any mods.

Thanx!

Good thought. That EcoRaptor used the AFE catback exhaust. It doesn't sound too bad. Lind of like a sportscar/mini diesel mix.

Not a terrible sound. Although they dont have one for the Raptor yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhCJRDMRnKg

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
So..traded in my 2013 for a 2017 today!

Love everything..but I hate the exhaust note... sounds like a civic or something...

What are you guys doing to improve it?

On my 2013 Rap.. I bought a magnapack (14419 ) and swapped out that big stock resonator.. cheap and sounded just right..

Anyone found a solution like this?

You can't improve the sound- the current ecoboost crowd has worked on this for 6+ years and nothing has worked. Homestly, get a 2015+ stock F150 exhaust, bolt that on and call it a day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts