Hyperfast 575HP Stage 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jmorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont feel anyone in this post is trying to build a high HP dragstrip truck. This is more about finding a solid tune that picks up some power and vastly improves the driving characteristics. Engine wise im running tune only. After that its all offroad mods.

As I've said in previous posts, the limit isn't going to be the engine. It doesn't matter how much money you spend, you still have to run ****** pump gas which is going to limit your max power. Even an e85 tune is only an option for a select few (~15% of gas stations). I doubt very seriously you'll see much past 650, at the crank on pump gas, regardless of what else you do. Gen 1 eco with dual injection and race gas was making right at 720bhp. I think the highly modified gen 1s serve as a solid marker for what you can expect - ie the Danzio race ego that makes 830hp on race gas - custom cams, heads, etc, fully built.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

****CORRECTION**** Tune, Intercooler and BOV.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep

You nailed it.

As I've said in previous posts, the limit isn't going to be the engine. It doesn't matter how much money you spend, you still have to run ****** pump gas which is going to limit your max power. Even an e85 tune is only an option for a select few (~15% of gas stations). I doubt very seriously you'll see much past 650, at the crank on pump gas, regardless of what else you do. Gen 1 eco with dual injection and race gas was making right at 720bhp. I think the highly modified gen 1s serve as a solid marker for what you can expect - ie the Danzio race ego that makes 830hp on race gas - custom cams, heads, etc, fully built.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

I used to think it was 20 percent too, but I think it’s closer to 25. I think we have seen some cherry examples dyno a little better stock, but it’s probably because they’re doing a little better than 450bhp.

I run MPT, an intake because it sounds cool, and the FOMOCO Touring Exhaust. I’m doing an intercooler and then some suspension upgrades.

I have some BajaDesign lights stereo upgrades,
Etc...

But even with the 100 ponies I’ve picked up.... it’s exceeded the upper limits of what the rear suspension can take. If you want to go big... like 700+bhp big... the truck’s suspension isn’t up to the task.... particularly the rear end.

I was figuring around 20% loss to the wheels. Based off MPT dyno. 450 x 80% puts 360 to the wheels. Figure same at 575 crank puts 460 to the wheels. Either way your absolutely right about the exhaust and intake. Novelty at best. Thats a lot of extra coin for arguably 10 more RWHP. Plus i only like the factory exhaust note on these trucks. So guess im back to waiting on MPT to get the 18 tune out. I love idea of the whipple tune as well but i cant go 3-5 days without my truck.

OP
OP
J

Jmorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can see that

[/COLOR]I used to think it was 20 percent too, but I think it’s closer to 25. I think we have seen some cherry examples dyno a little better stock, but it’s probably because they’re doing a little better than 450bhp.

I run MPT, an intake because it sounds cool, and the FOMOCO Touring Exhaust. I’m doing an intercooler and then some suspension upgrades.

I have some BajaDesign lights stereo upgrades,
Etc...

But even with the 100 ponies I’ve picked up.... it’s exceeded the upper limits of what the rear suspension can take. If you want to go big... like 700+bhp big... the truck’s suspension isn’t up to the task.... particularly the rear end.[/QUOTE]