Hyperfast 575HP Stage 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stumbled upon this today.. Hypercar Development has a stage 2 kit for the raptor. Exhaust, intake and tune. According to the website its making 575hp / 632tq. I emailed them asking for more info including a dyno chart. Has anyone else looked into this option? Thoughts??

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks cool. Totally plausible power claim.

Here is the truth though....

The CAI and catback are good for maybe 15 horsepower. And that may be a stretch.

So you’re paying 3 grand for what you can get for a 600 dollar tune from MPT or even 5 star for that matter.

Now for those who want an intake and exhaust... and you like that cool side exit.... I say go for it. Just be wary of an overly loud exhaust and/or drone coming from it.

OP
OP
J

Jmorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fully agree with you on the intake and exhaust. I honestly dont care to do anything to the exhaust as i find the stock exhaust to sound best IMO. Intake i wouldnt mind just for the more pronounced induction noise. Stage 1 kit(tune only) is only a 50hp increase over stock so i would assume that with the stage 2 kit you get a much more aggressive tune. That is one of the questions i have for them. I dont really want the exhaust so im asking what the individual gains for each mod are. I actually was running the MPT tune on my 17 until i traded for an 18. Now im rolling stock tune FML..... Figure since im on hold with MPT ill shop around and see whats out there. I was overall happy with the MPT looking back. I just had some heatsoaking issues so we had to actually back off the tune some. That problem is no longer a concern though as i have a full race intercooler in route.

It looks cool. Totally plausible power claim.

Here is the truth though....

The CAI and catback are good for maybe 15 horsepower. And that may be a stretch.

So you’re paying 3 grand for what you can get for a 600 dollar tune from MPT or even 5 star for that matter.

Now for those who want an intake and exhaust... and you like that cool side exit.... I say go for it. Just be wary of an overly loud exhaust and/or drone coming from it.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree on the full race intercooler.

The stock intercooler is crap. That’s my next purchase too. Tuned.... the truck quickly outpaces the intercooler I’d you run it hard.

I fully agree with you on the intake and exhaust. I honestly dont care to do anything to the exhaust as i find the stock exhaust to sound best IMO. Intake i wouldnt mind just for the more pronounced induction noise. Stage 1 kit(tune only) is only a 50hp increase over stock so i would assume that with the stage 2 kit you get a much more aggressive tune. That is one of the questions i have for them. I dont really want the exhaust so im asking what the individual gains for each mod are. I actually was running the MPT tune on my 17 until i traded for an 18. Now im rolling stock tune FML..... Figure since im on hold with MPT ill shop around and see whats out there. I was overall happy with the MPT looking back. I just had some heatsoaking issues so we had to actually back off the tune some. That problem is no longer a concern though as i have a full race intercooler in route.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know..

If you extrapolate... the raptor has about a 25 percent driveline loss from most dyno runs I’ve seen. That means they are making around 430 at the wheels on this tune. Figure it’s a solid 60 horsepower tune and I’m betting like Whipple.... you can even tow with it. Those guys build bulletproof supercars.

But I think the ideal setup for you is Whipple. It’s along the same lines, can tow, and you can do the intake and tune and leave off the intercooler.

They have 2018 ready to go. You won’t heat soak it and you’ll get a nice boost. It won’t be all out like the MPT, but it sounds like you already went down that path. Anyway... 20-30RWHP is only really good to be noticible on a drag strip with a slip.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wait... so Intake, exhaust and tune is suddenly good for +125 HP??

Not on this truck it isnt. Pretty bold claims...

Most tuners are finding out the stock turbos are pretty close to maxed out from the factory. Ford isnt going to throw big turbos in these things then detune the **** out of them and leave a bunch of power on the table for tuners.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s 575bhp which is their claim.

Again see my previous post. That’s about 430 at the wheels.

We already know from multiple dynos from multiple tuners that it’s easily attainable.

The theoretical limit for RWHP on the stock turbos seems to be around 470 give or take a few. This is around 600bhp which also happens to be fairly close to the Ford GT which shares most of the engine.

And as Switzer has shown us.... even with big turbos, they couldn’t do more than 500. Without major engine work and a tear down which is what Switzer is doing now... you’re not going to get much further. Most of the same principles that apply to the gen 1 ecoboost apply to this one.

The red flag is that there isn’t much benefit to downpipes. Why? Because the engine really isn’t capable of flowing much more with the stock heads, cams, valves, exhaust manifolds, etc... etc...

My two cents

Not on this truck it isnt. Pretty bold claims...

Most tuners are finding out the stock turbos are pretty close to maxed out from the factory. Ford isnt going to throw big turbos in these things then detune the **** out of them and leave a bunch of power on the table for tuners.

OP
OP
J

Jmorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was figuring around 20% loss to the wheels. Based off MPT dyno. 450 x 80% puts 360 to the wheels. Figure same at 575 crank puts 460 to the wheels. Either way your absolutely right about the exhaust and intake. Novelty at best. Thats a lot of extra coin for arguably 10 more RWHP. Plus i only like the factory exhaust note on these trucks. So guess im back to waiting on MPT to get the 18 tune out. I love idea of the whipple tune as well but i cant go 3-5 days without my truck.

It’s 575bhp which is their claim.

Again see my previous post. That’s about 430 at the wheels.

We already know from multiple dynos from multiple tuners that it’s easily attainable.

The theoretical limit for RWHP on the stock turbos seems to be around 470 give or take a few. This is around 600bhp which also happens to be fairly close to the Ford GT which shares most of the engine.

And as Switzer has shown us.... even with big turbos, they couldn’t do more than 500. Without major engine work and a tear down which is what Switzer is doing now... you’re not going to get much further. Most of the same principles that apply to the gen 1 ecoboost apply to this one.

The red flag is that there isn’t much benefit to downpipes. Why? Because the engine really isn’t capable of flowing much more with the stock heads, cams, valves, exhaust manifolds, etc... etc...

My two cents

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As I've said in previous posts, the limit isn't going to be the engine. It doesn't matter how much money you spend, you still have to run ****** pump gas which is going to limit your max power. Even an e85 tune is only an option for a select few (~15% of gas stations). I doubt very seriously you'll see much past 650, at the crank on pump gas, regardless of what else you do. Gen 1 eco with dual injection and race gas was making right at 720bhp. I think the highly modified gen 1s serve as a solid marker for what you can expect - ie the Danzio race ego that makes 830hp on race gas - custom cams, heads, etc, fully built.