Hp/Tq numbers with mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was searching for tech data that lists the exhaust diameter but came up dry. But in this video, they have a Raptor with the body removed and I'll be damned if that exhaust doesn't look huge. I agree that it looks like dual 3". Sometimes the camera can play tricks but it is safe to say that the OEM piping diameter will not be a restriction.

I haven't seen anything in print. But it's not 3'' piping. Looks to be over 2.5'' but under 2.75''. Exhaust tips are a shade under 4.5".

IMG_4056.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4058.jpg

EDIT:

I used a cloth tape measure to measure the circumference. It came out at 8.75". I employed some math I haven't used in a while. It calculates to a 2.78" diameter for the main exhaust piping.

Last edited:

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is looking like it is around 2.25" inside diameter. Might be an issue.

Thanks for the measurement!

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3" exhaust is not needed for what you can squeeze out of this thing with tunes and what not. Sure, you want to build and engine and slap some aftermarket turbos on it then maybe.

But that just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No ****, he edited his post with an actual circumference. I was guessing based off of the picture alone. I followed up with a post clearly indicating that I am aware that it is approximately 2.5". Some of you guys need to read the thread before you waste everyone's time posting pointless "gotchas". I am seeing a lot of that on this board and it makes the community look bad.
Let's stay focused on finding the limits of this platform, not on being petty towards eachother.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3" exhaust is not needed for what you can squeeze out of this thing with tunes and what not. Sure, you want to build and engine and slap some aftermarket turbos on it then maybe.

But that just my opinion.

Probably true. My experience is dated but I had an SRT-4 when I was younger. I had a couple things done to it including a 3'' turbo-back exhaust with no cats/mufflers. Of all the mods I did, the exhaust was the most noticeable in power.

SubSonicSOPMOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uhh just saw a video where where a guy put a go pro in the engine compartment... are turbos supposed to be red hot? When he would get on it they would turn red hot.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably true. My experience is dated but I had an SRT-4 when I was younger. I had a couple things done to it including a 3'' turbo-back exhaust with no cats/mufflers. Of all the mods I did, the exhaust was the most noticeable in power.

What was the original size of the pipes? Further, you wiped out the cats...of course it's going to improve. If you don't mind your wife bitching about the smell then it's a great mod, depending on what state you live in. But I agree if you are go balls out on the truck, then sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk