Hp/Tq numbers with mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's not a conservative tune and tunes on the high end will not survive in the dirt on pump gas.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Naw man, I know. And it ain't possible.

Just to reiterate, nobody who wants their factory turbos to last more than 9 minutes is going to see 200bhp out of a tune and downpipe on a 2017 Raptor. Made by Ford. With a 3.5L biturbo V6. Oh, this is on Earth. Our home planet. So like not in space.

Hopefully that is enough disclaimers for Trimmell the sh!thouse lawyer.

I come to this forum because I am intrigued by the new platform for the Gen2 and I made an honest effort to contribute. What have you brought to this thread aside from a ridiculous reference to an imaginary dyno of a $100,000 German super sedan with a V8 and two bespoke turbochargers? Thanks for that, we all benefitted greatly from it.
If you are so anti-Gen2, then kindly see yourself out.

I like this guy

:popcorn::popcorn:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Compressor housing puts the useful ceiling at 22psi for a KO4.
That is of course assuming that is the turbo we have here. Anybody with a truck able to find that manufacturer plate on the compressor side with the p/n on it?

Someone pull out their mirror and let's put this to bed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somebody in another thread said they Borg Warner and posted this picture of the turbo. Kinda hard to read whatever info is there. Figured I'd share in case it was useful. Sorry if it's a repost.

Attachments

• BW Turbo.jpg
    BW Turbo.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 117
OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So apparently Hennessy has released some numbers with their tunes. 50 hp with just tuner and exhaust.
150 hp with tune, turbos, exhaust, and intercooler parts.

Dryhole

Reaction score
In your opinion does the 50 HP increase really require the exhuast upgrade?

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In your opinion does the 50 HP increase really require the exhuast upgrade?

No I really don't. Especially with a true dual system already. It probably breathes pretty well. Henessey just trying to get more money out of consumers. Like someone else said in another post these trucks are likely sensitive to backpressure so you might lose gains with aftermarket exhaust depending on how it's tuned

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To really oversimplify things, with a turbocharged engine, less backpressure is what you are always looking for. You don't have the complicated fluid dynamics of a naturally aspirated powerplant in which you need a certain amount of backpressure to ensure proper scavenging of exhaust gases and so forth. You can just open everything up without worrying about losing torque here or power there.
That said, whether or not the Raptor dual system will be adequate depends mostly on the diameter of the tubing used. I'm guessing they went with something around 2.5" which would be fine on anything the stock turbos will be capable of producing. As soon as you are boosting 23+psi, you are going to need more flow than that. I expect most aftermarket systems for this truck to use dual 3" piping.
One final caveat, muffler design also plays a role. Often, if a system is very carefully tuned to produce a certain sound at a given boost level, things often get real weird when you start exceeding that level. You can get some funky noises at WOT from some factory systems when you are throwing more air at
it. When I was messing with the B5 Audi S4, the stock exhaust made some crazy noises at certain revs at WOT once I put a tune on an otherwise stock car. This sound was commonly referred to the "sandblaster effect" since that is essentially what it sounded like.
If anyone knows the inside diameter of the stock piping, post it up. Then we can start making some educated estimates of the power potential of the stock system. It would be great if Ford went with dual 2.75" or thereabouts but I expect not.