House of Boost tune/Dyno

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See article, they ran the truck in 6th gear. Good numbers SAE

Tuning A 2017 F-150 Raptor Yields Over 40 Horsepower!

2017-04-05_15-30-44.jpg

HP Tuners no other mods I could see

Let's discuss

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Side note, i spoke with them. They are doing in house tuning on the 17 only until they do at least 10-15 of them.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
is 6th 1to1? edit its not.

looks like people who make dynos need to start building them for higher speeds, needs ran in 7th for a 1to1.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is 6th 1to1?

From the article

"If you weren’t aware, Seventh gear is the proper selection for running a Raptor on the dyno because its ratio is 1:1. The rub, however, is that running in this gear puts the truck’s speed limiter at odds with the powerband. In this case, Eric left the limiter intact and ran the truck in Sixth gear with its 1.27:1 ratio.

“By customer request the speed limiter was not raised. Dyno runs were made in Sixth gear to allow a full pull to be made. If you run these trucks in Seventh they will actually load the a little harder and show a larger torque number. However, my intention wasn’t to set the internet on fire with big numbers, but focus on overall gains.”

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea that seems to be the catch on the dyno with this 10spd. When attempting to do a baseline w/o limiter removed and have an apple to apple comparison with tuned pull. great to see more data released and use of the 6th gear now too

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
See article, they ran the truck in 6th gear. Good numbers SAE

Tuning A 2017 F-150 Raptor Yields Over 40 Horsepower!

2017-04-05_15-30-44.jpg

HP Tuners no other mods I could see

Let's discuss

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Side note, i spoke with them. They are doing in house tuning on the 17 only until they do at least 10-15 of them.

Hey Jayrod, Thanks for sharing! Looking at my Dyno from Feb. 2017. There is a big difference between the Baseline pulls.
Look at my Dyno from Whipple. My baseline at the RW was 359 Hp and 372 TQ. The Pull in Red was with a prototype CAI and IC. I am sure that people are figuring these Raptors out so one would believe that since Feb. 2017 we would see improvements.
Wondering if other Dyno test out there are showing The House Gold baseline numbers. Also I can only get 91 oct here in CA. I recall that Hennessy baseline was like 365 hp and 370 + TQ using 93 oct. Is the jump in HP and TQ from performing the pull in 6th gear or 93 oct. Seems like Dyno numbers can be moved around just by changing Testing gear. Great to see numbers coming in. I am hoping to get a copy of the most current Dyno pull on my Raptor so I can share! Thanks again!
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/lundyr65/Wipple Dyno 2-7-17_zps3r3ti1tj.jpg

OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Jayrod, Thanks for sharing! Looking at my Dyno from Feb. 2017. There is a big difference between the Baseline pulls.
Look at my Dyno from Whipple. My baseline at the RW was 359 Hp and 372 TQ. The Pull in Red was with a prototype CAI and IC. I am sure that people are figuring these Raptors out so one would believe that since Feb. 2017 we would see improvements.
Wondering if other Dyno test out there are showing The House Gold baseline numbers. Also I can only get 91 oct here in CA. I recall that Hennessy baseline was like 365 hp and 370 + TQ using 93 oct. Is the jump in HP and TQ from performing the pull in 6th gear or 93 oct. Seems like Dyno numbers can be moved around just by changing Testing gear. Great to see numbers coming in. I am hoping to get a copy of the most current Dyno pull on my Raptor so I can share! Thanks again!
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/lundyr65/Wipple Dyno 2-7-17_zps3r3ti1tj.jpg

Mad,

I would say it's a combination of the two. A tune for 93 Octane plus the 6th or 7th gear run is going to show higher numbers. IMO the base raptor is somewhere between 355-380 depending on octane and gear run. That is somewhat significant but not when you take into consideration all the factors.

Quick question was your dyno run modded only the CAI and IC? or a tune as well?

Wipple%20Dyno%202-7-17_zps3r3ti1tj.jpg

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
Mad,

I would say it's a combination of the two. A tune for 93 Octane plus the 6th or 7th gear run is going to show higher numbers. IMO the base raptor is somewhere between 355-380 depending on octane and gear run. That is somewhat significant but not when you take into consideration all the factors.

Quick question was your dyno run modded only the CAI and IC? or a tune as well?

Wipple%20Dyno%202-7-17_zps3r3ti1tj.jpg
I don't know if there was a tune on the numbers in Red. I was just told these are the Baseline and what I would get with new CAI and IC. This was pretty early in the game of Tunes so who knows they could have increase boost and Fuel.
From what I am hearing Whipple should have comparable numbers of the House Tune 420 hp and 505 TQ + or - 10-20 hp or TQ. Do you have the House tune on your Raptor? If yes, how does it feel?

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5star is seeing 60-80 that they claim.

They have a great reputation and numerous rave reviews by people so I would be surprised if they are lying?