High flow down pipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GLFSHNT

Reaction score
Has anyone installed performance down pipes with high flow cats? Is there much of a gain?

I would assume that software upgrades would be much better with cleaner exhaust.

Cat back systems may sound cool but reall offer little in performance gain.

Looking for real world input.
Thanks

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have downpipes on an ecoboost but not the raptor platform. From my non raptor experience you will see a gain stock but not much (unless the stock DP's are very restrictive). The raptor DP's do not look to be that restrictive being a stock unit.

Without tuning you will most likely not realize much gain that you can feel anyway. Also you may throw codes even when stock with aftermarket DP's even with converters. Especially (high flow) ones. I have Livernois high flow and they will not pass emissions readiness testing. So if you live in a emissions testing area then this is something to consider. Also you will not pass when tuned for them either.

PPE makes some DP's for the transverse platforms that will pass when stock tuned but then again when running the stock tune there isn't much gain to be had. So IMO I wouldn't do DP's if your not going to tune to take full advantage of them, not worth the $$$ when stock tuned.

OP
OP
G

GLFSHNT

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. My plan is to add a tune and exhaust. I’ll contact a few tuners for more info. The right tune with a cleaner exhaust should scream on a twin turbo motor. I just don’t know how good the stock DPs flow on the raptor

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id like to put some hi flow downpipes on my truck and really wake up the power out of the HEMI motor

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not unless you add Water Wetter to stabilize the coolant temperatures

Id like to put some hi flow downpipes on my truck and really wake up the power out of the HEMI motor

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are downpipes on the market that will not throw a code with the stock tune. We've confirmed that SPD will not. Kooks Green Cats are emissions compliant and should not cause a CEL. aFe Power pipes also use 400 cell cats, so they shouldn't throw a code either.

Stainless Works downpipes will throw a CEL, but you can eliminate by using O2 foulers/extenders.