HELP- Engine problem ticking noise.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hmsbmk

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Sorry I am new to the forum and haven't had my raptor for long.

I purchased a 2013 Raptor (still under factory warranty), and it has developed a ticking noise in the engine somewhere, you can only just hear it when driving and it gets faster when you drive.

Does anyone know what it is? I can't put my finger on it and I'm hoping to get it fixed under warranty before it ends!

Thanks in advance!!

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I purchased a 2013 Raptor (still under factory warranty), and it has developed a ticking noise in the engine somewhere, you can only just hear it when driving and it gets faster when you drive.

Does anyone know what it is? I can't put my finger on it and I'm hoping to get it fixed under warranty before it ends!

Thanks in advance!!

Does the noise change frequcey when the truck changes gears or does it continuously get faster with speed?

nah_tan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a similar sound and I'm pretty sure it's a belt. Constant quit "tik tik tik"

OP
OP
H

hmsbmk

Reaction score
I have a similar sound and I'm pretty sure it's a belt. Constant quit "tik tik tik"

Yeah it's just a very slight ticking noise, trouble is I don't want to buy a belt just to test the theory haha!!

If anyone has had the problem before please let us know! :)

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It gets faster when I speed up, it doesn't get any louder

If the frequency doesn't change with engine speed I'd honestly start looking at tires first. Could be as simple as a rock stuck in a tire or something of the sorts...

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance!!

Your in the wrong area in this forum, this is the Gen 2 section.

Anyway you might want to look through this thread: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f183/tsb-11-1-5-canister-purge-valve-1347/

OP
OP
H

hmsbmk

Reaction score
If the frequency doesn't change with engine speed I'd honestly start looking at tires first. Could be as simple as a rock stuck in a tire or something of the sorts...

There is definitely nothing in the tires, I've checked that multiple times, it is definitely coming from the engine area and you can gear the 'ticking' in it even when idling