GEN 2 Help with codes! (intercooler/bov/cai mods)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tiagosalvador

Reaction score
Replaced my intercooler with a full race one, including the turbosmart BOV
as well as the AFE momentum CAI.

right after the following codes came up:

P0035 - May be related to the circuit cheater? since we go from eletric to mechanic? any suggestions on how to clear it?

U0401 - perhaps since the fans were eliminated from the old intercooler?

P0113 - this is related to the new CAI. installed as per instructions.... not sure what could be possibly be throwing this code.

any help it is much appreciated

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the first two but that last one has to do with the IAT sensor. Did you plug it in?

I don't remember the codes but there will always be two codes for the Full Race IC because you disconnect the grill shutters. They wont trigger the CEL light but will be there if you hook up an OBD II reader.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you disconnect the battery negative terminal while working on the parts swaps like the instructions said? If not, then every plug you disconnected will likely have a related fault in the ECU. You can likely clear them by disconnecting the battery (again?) for at least 5-6 minutes. Otherwise you can go to any auto parts place for a reset of the codes. If you were rough with the connectors, you may have bent or damaged a contact in either side of the connector(s). Good luck.

p0035 is the turbocharger bypass valve circuit
u0401 is a more generic ECU data fault. Could be the IC shutter solenoid.
p0113 is the intake temp sensor circuit.

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P0035 i also got cause i had not pluged the iat connector from the old electric bov. Remove the connector with wire from the old stock intercooler tie wrap it and then put the connector in

Last edited:

996Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced my intercooler with a full race one, including the turbosmart BOV
as well as the AFE momentum CAI.

right after the following codes came up:

P0035 - May be related to the circuit cheater? since we go from eletric to mechanic? any suggestions on how to clear it?

U0401 - perhaps since the fans were eliminated from the old intercooler?

P0113 - this is related to the new CAI. installed as per instructions.... not sure what could be possibly be throwing this code.

any help it is much appreciated

If you installed the turbosmart BOV make sure that the CEL eliminator is making contact. Mine did not even cut through the wire cover. I had to solder mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir