Got a CORSA Exhaust System Installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this is the best sounding exhaust so far, followed by Borla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oooof. I don't know man, although it's nicer than all the other exhaust, Borla just seems like they did a more refined job with theirs. I suspect it's because they have had it longer in development thanks to Ford Performance. With that said, here's why I think Borla is better and perhaps Corsa will update theirs after seeing Borla up close;

1) Borla replaces the resonator on both of their versions with an X-Pipe. It's fully mandrel bent, it's beautiful, and I believe there is some harmonic resonance reasoning that helps with drone.

2) the dual mufflers on the Borla in serial are setup to deepen the sound and they're also quite beautifully done. I know some guys don't care about how it looks under their truck, but this is like art to me. Borla really focused on in cabin vibration, drone, and exhaust "audio".

3) I drive on the highway everyday for at least an hour and I don't get a headache and don't feel exhausted, I actually can't wait to rip on it to get that sound. I drive through the i90 tunnels at full pedal just to hear that amazing note.

I think if you try the Borla Stype you'll love it. I expect Corsa will modify theirs quite a bit after seeing it but who knows.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the first exhaust I've heard for the 2017 that doesn'tsounds like crap. Considering I don't expect any performance gains from an aftermarket exhaust, it really comes down to sound. Loud is what I expect and it seems like this delivers.

gentz002

Banned
Reaction score
OP
OP
CatchMeOffroad

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oooof. I don't know man, although it's nicer than all the other exhaust, Borla just seems like they did a more refined job with theirs. I suspect it's because they have had it longer in development thanks to Ford Performance. With that said, here's why I think Borla is better and perhaps Corsa will update theirs after seeing Borla up close;

1) Borla replaces the resonator on both of their versions with an X-Pipe. It's fully mandrel bent, it's beautiful, and I believe there is some harmonic resonance reasoning that helps with drone.

2) the dual mufflers on the Borla in serial are setup to deepen the sound and they're also quite beautifully done. I know some guys don't care about how it looks under their truck, but this is like art to me. Borla really focused on in cabin vibration, drone, and exhaust "audio".

3) I drive on the highway everyday for at least an hour and I don't get a headache and don't feel exhausted, I actually can't wait to rip on it to get that sound. I drive through the i90 tunnels at full pedal just to hear that amazing note.

I think if you try the Borla Stype you'll love it. I expect Corsa will modify theirs quite a bit after seeing it but who knows.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hey Bullishone, thanks for the feedback! I have to respectfully disagree with you on a few of them:

Borla just seems like they did a more refined job with theirs. I suspect it's because they have had it longer in development thanks to Ford Performance.

Not sure if development time is accurate; the CORSA system has still not been released, so it is still in development. My truck was just a guinea pig, so I was luckily able to get one of their early prototypes. That being said, perhaps Borla did spend more time developing the system but I have no idea.

I forgot to mention in the videos, but the CORSA system does indeed have a mandrel-bent K-pipe (same as X-pipe but one side is straight due to space constraints and larger bend angle). Sorry I failed to mention it in the videos.

2) I know some guys don't care about how it looks under their truck, but this is like art to me. Borla really focused on in cabin vibration, drone, and exhaust "audio".

Like I said, my current system is just a prototype; it has ugly welds, marks on the piping, etc which will not be present on the final system. Also, the tailpipes and tips will look much better (I have seen the tip options they will release, and they look fantastic). Mine are currently stock tips.

Now that I have driven it a few times for 45min or so, I realize that it really hasn't given me any headaches or anything...must have been a combination of the rain, radio, and road noise. I'm starting to enjoy it a lot more.

I feel like you may be comparing apples to oranges: Not only are you comparing a full production system to a prototype one, but the Xtreme system I have is the equivalent of the Borla ATAK; and by re-installing my factory resonator (CORSA Sport) it would be more equivalent to the Borla S-Type... quieter and more refined sounding.

I honestly have never had a CORSA system on any of my vehicles before (just Flowmaster and Magnaflow), so I by no means have a brand loyalty. But based on my experience with both the product and the employees at CORSA, I am very pleased with the company and have no doubt that I would buy this system again in a heartbeat. I also know that Borla is a very reputable company and I would not hesitate to buy one of their products.

Hopefully I can find someone on my area with a Borla system, because I would love to hear it in person and compare. Videos don't really capture all of the tones and sounds of the exhaust systems.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

This is the first exhaust I've heard for the 2017 that doesn'tsounds like crap. Considering I don't expect any performance gains from an aftermarket exhaust, it really comes down to sound. Loud is what I expect and it seems like this delivers.

The crash seal of approval! I'm sure CORSA will be thrilled to hear it! :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

awesome thanks man.. Think it sounds great.. Did they happen to mention to you at all when the Production model would be released?

My pleasure! They did not give me a date, but it should be pretty soon. They were finishing up the thermal testing of the tailpipes, and a few tweaks to their tooling (welding/bending/etc machines) then ready for release. If you register for their updates they will send you an email when the system is ready.