GEN 2 Got aFe Scorcher today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well guys, it took about 25 minutes to install. As some of you know I removed the JMS Boostmax and Pedalmax after the truck failed. JMS was nice enough to return them for a full refund.

The aFe Scorcher is definitely better built, it has a digital selector panel vs a cheap knob. In terms of performance, this thing is stupid. The truck is incredibly fast at the highest setting, spinning out like crazy. I will post a video later...

The installation is a breeze, very much like the Boostmax. Highly recommended! I just hope the truck doesn't error out with it, but Scott at aFe is pretty awesome. He guarantees it won't fail.

c52027a9922aa0afee338b7864320fd0.jpg52c5435e4c2bfbd3b10e7d414b9bd854.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well guys, it took about 25 minutes to install. As some of you know I removed the JMS Boostmax and Pedalmax after the truck failed. JMS was nice enough to return them for a full refund.

The aFe Scorcher is definitely better built, it has a digital selector panel vs a cheap knob. In terms of performance, this thing is stupid. The truck is incredibly fast at the highest setting, spinning out like crazy. I will post a video later...

The installation is a breeze, very much like the Boostmax. Highly recommended! I just hope the truck doesn't error out with it, but Scott at aFe is pretty awesome. He guarantees it won't fail.

c52027a9922aa0afee338b7864320fd0.jpg52c5435e4c2bfbd3b10e7d414b9bd854.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It looks good. The website says 30 horsepower and 27 lb*ft of torque on their dyno run so you're getting a real gain. I agree on the build quality looking nicer.

I think the boostmax makes more power. Their dyno runs double AFE. JMS is a reputable outfit so I'd have no reason not to believe them. However, It's ashame there is a QC issue with them. I wouldn't buy a boostmax or pedalmax again either. I have both and so far at 6,000 miles they haven't crapped out, but I don't trust the setup. I think eventually one morning I'm not going to start. Then I'll pull it off.

Good luck with the AFE. Let us know how it does over a couple weeks.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Oh you said you'd post a video later. Not many videos of modded trucks out there. Maybe some ripping around, acceleration, etc would be sweet