Gibson MWA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scrappy Doo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I have about 2000 miles with the Gibson muffler now and took it on a long trip (600 mile drive) and done a few weeks of commute under various conditions. The Gibson with the stock resonator is a good combo, its quiet under mild loads, and growls a bit when you get on it, and the drone that I thought was going to be an issue... well, either I am use to it, or it's not as bad as I thought. During my commute I am usually on a call, and the exhaust is quiet to not be an issue during these calls.

Happy with this mod so far, if you are looking for something in between stock and the full Gibson, this is a cheap and good way to go.

I totally agree with everything above.

same. Im only 3 days into this setup. but sounds great to me. No drone but has some growl when you get on it.

Agree with all. For less than 200 installed, it's great.

OP
OP
CSJr

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I have about 2000 miles with the Gibson muffler now and took it on a long trip (600 mile drive) and done a few weeks of commute under various conditions. The Gibson with the stock resonator is a good combo, its quiet under mild loads, and growls a bit when you get on it, and the drone that I thought was going to be an issue... well, either I am use to it, or it's not as bad as I thought. During my commute I am usually on a call, and the exhaust is quiet to not be an issue during these calls.

Happy with this mod so far, if you are looking for something in between stock and the full Gibson, this is a cheap and good way to go.

I totally agree with everything above.

same. Im only 3 days into this setup. but sounds great to me. No drone but has some growl when you get on it.

Agree with all. For less than 200 installed, it's great.

Oh, all right.. Ditto to above.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, all right.. Ditto to above.
I'm returning my entire Gibson mess.

I am having it pulled off tomorrow.

Maybe just a muffler would work, but I'll be honest I wasn't looking for sound. I was looking for a platform to support future horsepower

Reaction score
Guys, I just had my BM0112 Gibson installed by itself without the resonator. So they basically cut off the resonator and stock muffler and installed long 3" stainless pipes to each sides of the muffler. It is way louder and sounds way more aggressive. I figured it is basically the same as Gibson's bolt on set without their xpipe or two individual mufflers. I paid 170$ for the install with tax included plus muffler 105$ (from summit) to total 275$ vs 800$. I heard others leave their resonators on which is why their installs were cheaper. They had to use about 10' of stainless. I don't think it was too bad. I'm really happy with the sound.

Reaction score
It's rather quiet cruising around fifty to 60. 70 80 and as velocity and throttle is deepening it gets louder. It's almost like the Borla Atak I have on 14 GT. The more throttle/velocity through the mufflers the louder it gets. It's lots on start up and then settles down a bit but way more db on startup and crushing than stock. I think it's a winner.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a quick update from my experience....around 2500 rpm's I'm getting a little more drone from the mwa. I had the interior exhaust noise turned off yesterday and it seems to be a little better. drone is subjective so what bothers some may be nothing to others obviously.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just a quick update from my experience....around 2500 rpm's I'm getting a little more drone from the mwa. I had the interior exhaust noise turned off yesterday and it seems to be a little better. drone is subjective so what bothers some may be nothing to others obviously.

Drone isn't subjective

It's there or it isn't. If it's there it is either intrusive or it isn't. The degree to which a person can tolerate droning is what is subjective.

If you like the inside of your truck moaning while you are rolling down the highway by all means ******** this cheap, poorly made tin can.

I, for one, did not.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you had a bad experience with the Gibson, but what this thread covers is the replacement of the muffler only. Your full Gibson deletes the resonators, which is why yours sounded like shit.

My truck has this muffler with the resonators and it's drones just slightly. I have about 5000 miles on this, and it's a nice mod. Probably doesn't sound as good as the Borla or Corsa, but for 90% less money, I can't complain.

We get it, you don't like Gibson, no need to bitch about it each time.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drone isn't subjective

It's there or it isn't. If it's there it is either intrusive or it isn't. The degree to which a person can tolerate droning is what is subjective.

If you like the inside of your truck moaning while you are rolling down the highway by all means ******** this cheap, poorly made tin can.

I, for one, did not.

Got it..the toleration is what I meant.